Dr. Joseph Casaly MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Lewisville, TX

• Good
  • Bad

August 28th, 2015
Best Migraine Doctor in DFW!!
Best for migraines!

June 2nd, 2015
Excellent Migraine Doctor serving DFW Metroplex
Been with him 20+ years and there is no better for headache management!

April 14th, 2014
Excellent doctor
From the first step into Dr. Casaly's office, it is obvious that the entire facility was planned out with great care oriented toward the headache sufferer. There are no fluorescent lights. All lighting is ambient and soft. Music and office are quiet, and there are no smells other than clean ones. It is a beautiful, clean, organized office that has been very thoughtfully planned out. Office staff are friendly and kind and return calls promptly. The office provides a patient portal for use in sending messages to the staff and to Dr. Casaly regarding anything from appointment scheduling to difficulties with medication, etc. Even if I don't have an appointment, I get prompt attention from Dr. Casaly and his staff regarding any issues I'm experiencing between appointments. Dr. Casaly is quiet and softspoken. Some of the reviews on this site describe him as distant or cold, but I don't find that to be true. I don't know if patients are looking for a best friend who wants to chat informally, but Dr. Casaly is an outstanding doctor who quietly listens to all the issues, is sympathetic to a condition largely misunderstood, and is tireless in his efforts to adjust course of treatment to insure the best possible results for the patient. Headache/migraine sufferers may not be able to have complete relief available to them currently, but with Dr. Casaly's expertise and efforts, the conditions can be greatly improved. I had been leading a barely normal life until I was able to see Dr. Casaly. It takes patience and some trial and error to determine what works for each patient since we all respond to treatments and medications so differently, but Dr. Casaly never tires of looking for new answers and new treatments. I am incredibly grateful for his persistence, patience, and kindness. He has helped me tremendously, and I would highly recommend him to others. I love that his specialty is headaches. It provides a vastly different experience for the headache/migraine sufferer as opposed to the usual neurologist office. Dr. Casaly and his staff are so sensitive to the particular needs of headache/migraine sufferers, and I could not be happier.

February 19th, 2014
Grateful Migraine Sufferer
I have been seeing Dr. Casaly for many years for migraine management. Before going to him my migraines were out of control but together we have a put a plan in place that work for me. Dr. Casaly is extremely knowledgable and compassionate. He listens! His office is efficient and helpful. If you are a headache suffer I couldn't recommend a better doctor for this issue and I have seen many.

February 16th, 2014
I was referred to Dr. Casaly by another neurologist for intractable migraine. He began treatments of Botox, which worked for a brief period of time. In the last seven months, my migraines have increased again in quantity and severity, but what I feel most important is that doctor Casaly is never failing in his attempts to find an answer for me. He takes as much time with me as I need and explains everything to me in simple terms. He makes recommendations and orders my prescriptions for me. He is not a folksy, talkative physician. He is not full of himself, but he is one of the few migraine doctors who talks to me and with me; not at me. My appointments are all about me, and his dedication to making me feel better. His office staff are two of the sweetest, kindest ladies I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Ericka and Amber always try to accommodate me in whatever my needs are, they call when needed, and Ericka gives the most comforting hugs. My husband takes me to my appointments and he is so pleased and thankful that we found Dr. Casaly. I truly feel that my life has changed for the better, just knowing I've found someone that has increased the quality of my life and given me more migraine-free days. We are very grateful and would recommend his practice to anyone looking for relief of the pain of migraine headache.

October 16th, 2013
Looking for new neuro already...this place sucks!
This neurologist is so nonchalant and very distant!! He asks you questions and abruptly interrupts you before you've completed your answer. He's very sarcastic and very rude!! To sum it up, his bed side manners are horrible. His staff oh my don't get me started on them. The office phone system sucks!! You have to always leave a message for them to call you back. They never return your calls, except when I called for an inital appointment. After my first visit, I called Amber to ask her a question about my visit, she was very short with me and told me Erica handles that-so so so darn rude. I am still waiting for Erica to return my call...grhhhh. I will not refer this office to no one!! I have an appt next week but I don't feel comfortable or being tolerant to his attitude and horrible bedside manners. I am looking for a neurologist ASAP!

March 21st, 2011
Would never recommend
Went to him for around 2 years and was not able to help me with my migraines even though that is his specialty. His staff is very cold and not helpful. When I inquired about botox injections I was told by Amber that it would take up to 3 months to get the information back from my insurance. When I asked Dr. Casaly why it would take this long he confronted Amber who denied ever stating this and then the doctor assumed I was the one lying. The doctor and his staff never made any apologies or just tried to play it off as a mis-understanding, but instead chose to believe his staff member and not the patient. I would never go back to this doctor and would not recommend.

February 10th, 2017