Dr. Joseph Catania MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

October 17th, 2016
Outstanding Doctor
Dr. Catania, and the staff at New York Spine and Wellness, have been treating me since May of 2009. In all that time, I have never had a problem with anyoe at any of their facilities. Dr. Catania is the BEST, and is a true professional. He has helped me tremendously over thew years, and I would recommend him, and New York Spine and Wellness, without reservation.

August 19th, 2016
MD
I am a physician which traumatic and degerative arthritis with severe low back pain and surgery recommended by two local neurologists. Although known not to be permanent onsidering interventional nerve block I scheduled and appointment with Dr. Catania and asked that he call me prior to the appointment to discuss as I had interventional paint management training and wanted a truthful assessment that it would be diagnostic, theraputic and what was the risk. I made a request call again and the woman informed me he refused and would see me on injection day. I called again and said I would cancel if I didn't get a call and callback gave the same answer so I cancelled. Later Catania called arguing that there was no need to call and when I tried to explain why it is necessary he rudely started arguing over me with nonsensical statements. I decided I would have none of it and hung up and he called back and started arguing again! He is no doctor and a technician at best with no compassion or interest in patient wellfare. I find this true of most of the nurse callback staff who are rude and accusitory and frequently give me a lecture on behavior. I too am a pain management physician and know all the rules and I am not an abuser and resent being treated like this. I have gotten proper care by my physician and nurse practitioner there but I wouldn't have a procedure there without proper conferencing before the fact. If I got this response as a potential patient I can imagine the stress of being a patient with a complication. I don;t know N"YSW complication rate but I have several patients coming to me after unsuccessful or complicated interventions.

June 16th, 2016
Horrible Office
This office is rude and they want to promote nothing but unnecessary treatment to charge my insurance. My MRI came back with not even a herniated disc, yet Dr. Catania wanted to schedule me for 3 nerve blocks, even prior to getting my results. I waited on the results and I'm glad I did, because it was going to be unnecessary. I went to see Dr. Melfi at RSM Medicine and she concluded it was actually my hip and after a hip MRI we did an injection. I can't tell you how much better I am. I would never go back to this office. You are a number and they don't care about fixing you. Just charging my Blue Cross unnecessary charges

October 10th, 2013
Chronic Pain
Look elseware for medical help and do your home work. Speak to friends and family to see if they have any experiences with the doctor(s) or the medical practice the doctor belongs to. This clinic has no problem stepping away from the truth about a patient and not treating them when chronic pain is diagnosed. There is no dialoged between the doctor and patient once you are out of sight of the doctor. The doctor's nurse is rude and does not care about the patient's condition and has no problem to fabercate what goes into a patient's file. The comments here seem to be made in part to the clinic as well as the doctor. This is due to the doctors at the clinic have the same ideals as this doctor. Nurse Practioners are all that you see from visit to visit excluding spine blocks. There motto is get them in and get them out. A supermarket for pain control.

May 7th, 2013
MS
I've been with this doctor for over 10 years. His office sent me over the edge today. I have been in horrible low back pain for the past 4 days. So I called the office for help. I asked if they had any openings today so I could come in to get some help. The girl on the phone said "no we leave one spot open for emergencies ". I said what do think I am. I asked if I could talk to the nurse, she said it would not change matters. Just go to the hospital ER. You all know if we go to the ER they just think we are looking for drugs. So I went to my family doctor for help. I have been waiting for the past 7 months for Dr. C to put in a spinal neuro stinulator and he keeps changing the date of our consult. After today's matter my husband and I have decided not to have the implant done and I'm going to fine another doctor. I would rather stay in pain that be treated like this by strangers ever again.

February 7th, 2012
Dr. Catania is amazing, simply the best. His understanding and compassion for his patients is unmatched. He enlightens his patients as he completes the procedure and primary interest is 110% patient comfort. Joseph Catania provides the most practical, efficient and promising pain management in all of the Northeast.

September 14th, 2011
He's been AWESOME!!!!!

June 26th, 2010
All his staff has been very kind,friendly and helpful every time I have gone to his office. As far as Dr. Joseph C. he is the best. He takes his time with you so the you know what is going on with your body.

December 25th, 2009
Excellent pain management Physician
Dr. Joseph A. Catania, is one of the most caring and understanding Physicians in his field.His bedside manner is calming to his patients, and his care and professionalism is outstanding.I would recommend Dr. Catania to anyone seeking out much needed pain management.