Family Practitioner

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Yikes!!  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2011

I initially interviewed Dr. Cerny on my first visit. He was very personable. With no current issues to attend to the visit seemed fine, although, he seemed not completely confident. I am a retired RN with 25 years of experience. My next visit consisted of stitching a badly cut thumb. He scurried about gathering what he needed seeming not completely certain that he had everything. I asked if local injections would be sufficient or would there be a call for a digital block and, upon my suggestion, said, "...uh...we could do a block.." he proceded with the block. Then he proceded with local injections as well. Okay. I asked him if he enjoyed stitching (as some professionals pride themselves on their stitching abilities). He gave a nervous response that it was okay. Throughout the stitching he seemed nervous and unsure. One part of the injury needed to be dermabonded so he applied the glue then decided he had extra in the bottle so he proceded to dump the remaining contents over the area he just stitched! Needless to say I developed an infection and complications due to his decision to dump glue over the injury. He should have done one or the other, and definitely not stitched then dermabonded. Consequently, I think Dr. Cerny is perfect for the patient in great health. As for tending to patients with complicated issues he is definitely NOT appropriate for those patients. His unsurety made me nervous. I switched to Dr. Mokhlesi and he is fantastic! He is confident, knowledgable and takes the time to really listen.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 1st, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Cerny took the time to talk to me personally, not just about my condition. He didn`t rush in for two minutes and leave like most doctor...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com