Dr. Joseph Chenger Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Chenger?

May 17th, 2017

A Very Professional Doctor

I had my knee surgery in August of this year and only missed 3 1/2 weeks of work. The Doctor and his nurses were absolutely wonderful. Very Professional and I walked out of the hospital after limping in with crutches. Thank you Dr. Chenger and his nurses..

December 13th, 2016

Dr. Chenger has performed total replacements on both hips and one knee. He and his staff have always made me feel like an individual with individualized needs and not another number. I really appreciate that he takes time to address my concerns.

August 17th, 2015

I chose to NOT return for "Follow Up" visit...

November 25th, 2014

Anterior total hip replacement

I was encouraged by the option of having an anterior hip replacement because I would not have any of the usual mobility limitations like crossing your legs or bending beyond a certain point. I'm not real active, but I do square dance and would like to ride a bike again. However, no surgery is without risks. When I woke up I was not able to move my leg. My femoral nerve was traumatized. It is 4 weeks post surgery and no one is able to predict if/when my femoral nerve will come back. This means I "have no quad muscle" which is necessary to lift my leg. I am in a brace and a walker. My recommendation is that you listen very closely to all of the surgical risks and understand what is the challenge if they happen to you. Dr. Chenger has been compassionate helping me to adjust to my current situation.

August 26th, 2014

othropedics

I would tell a friend not to get him for their dr.

July 18th, 2014

So happy now!

I was told 10 years ago that I needed a new knee but was terrified of the thought of doing it. I have seen several doctors in Knoxville and all had basically the same procedure in mind and I never felt reassured that that was where I was meant to be. On the way to Nashville to meet with Dr Chenger we prayed that we would know if this was meant for me. Both my husband and myself felt 100% sure we were with the right surgeon. He and his entire staff were over the top wonderful, knowledgeable, friendly, reassuring, etc. He did the surgery at Centennial and I am almost 2 weeks post op and all the therapists that work with me are amazed, saying I am 2 to 3 weeks ahead of most total knee replacement patients. I keep hearing the same remarks from so many people that have had their knees or hips done by Dr. Chenger. He promised to manage my pain as best as he could and I can honestly say I have never been over a 4 on the pain scale. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Chenger even if you don't live in Nashville. He and his staff and the staff at Centennial are worth the drive.

July 8th, 2011

Broken Glass

What a blessing to be able to walk and stand without feeling like you have broken glass in your knees. Dr Chenger did a double knee replacement for me a little over a year ago and I was on my feet the next day! I was surprised at how fast I recovered.(well, it did take more than a day ,maybe 6 weeks to completely recover,off the cane and back to dancing.)Dr. Chenger is a great Dr. and I would recommend him to everyone. I love Centennial Hospital. If you have to be in the hospital it's a great place to be.Office staff and hospital staff are great.What else can I say. Glad I had the knee replacement done!

August 4th, 2010

Best doctor ever for knee surgery.

Dr. Chenger is a great doctor. I owe my wonderful new knees and my ability to walk without pain to this man.

April 9th, 2009

THE BES DOCTOR

I choose Dr Chenger because 4 friends used him for either or shoulder surgery or knee surgery. Dr Chenger is the best. I will never use anyone else. He is the Greatest.

October 22nd, 2008

Amazing experience

Dr. Chenger is a very personable surgeon, you will like him. I had BOTH hips replaced and encountered NO PROBLEMS. This is an amazing proceedure and I have returned to virtually full level of activity, the only things I can't do are those that are restricted by the proceedure itself. I encourage those with Osteoarthritis pain to get this done, get your life back!

October 14th, 2017