A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Cheung:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Cheung, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Renovascular Hypertension
Education & Awards
Dr. Cheung graduated from Duke University , Durham.
Dr. Cheung has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Pinnacle Health at Polyclinic Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cheung accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 18 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans