A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Cockrell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Cockrell is Poor.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cockrell
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cockrell Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Cockrell, DO, MD is board certified in Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Cockrell graduated from University of South Carolina , Columbia.
Dr. Cockrell has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Roper Hospital
- Bon Secours-St Francis Xavier Hospital
- Kindred Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph Robert Cockrell DO and MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Joseph R. Cockrell practice?
- Dr. Joseph Cockrell has 1 office location.
Dr. Joseph Cockrell practices Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, and Geriatric Psychiatry near Charleston, SC.
See Charleston Psychiatrists and Charleston Addiction Specialists.