Dr. Joseph Cruise MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 71 reviews

August 21st, 2016
The premier place for plastic surgery. Top notch doctor and staff.

September 21st, 2015
The best of the best
One of the most professional practices I have visited. Top notch doctor and staff.

May 27th, 2015
44 yr old gynecomastia patient can now wear tight t-shirts!
My story. I’m your typical gynecomastia patient. As I started developing into a man, around age 13 I really noticed my chest. I would wear clothes to hide, posture with shoulders forward, whatever it took to hide it. I avoided swim parties. I got asked if I needed a bra. And at that time I didn’t know this was gynecomastia, just thought I got dealt with something that I couldn’t change. Finding the right Doctor. Do you research! Dr. Cruise was my second surgeon. 5 years ago I went to a local plastic surgeon who was well known, but had only a handful of gynecomastia patients. The first sign that I should have gone somewhere else was in the consultation when he didn’t even touch my chest and just looked at it. The result was what I like to call a deflation, where the pointedness of the nipple area was lipo’d out but 90% of the problem still remained. Finally, I dug deeper and did my research and that’s how I came across Dr. Cruise. He specialized in gynecomastia, even having a full page layout in his brochures, and doing commercials. He also has a large portfolio of past patient results. Dr Cruise was very detailed in the consultation about what to expect. He understood my fears and my expectations. His staff is awesome! Cristin was very patient with all my questions, and Jessica was great as I went through recovery. My surgery. In order for me to achieve my goals, my procedure was a little more extensive. I had removed excess skin, tissue, and free nipple graft. Essentially he removed what was the size of my hand on each side and reattached my nipples. This was necessary to see the pec definition that had been hiding behind the gynecomastia. The surgery itself was painless and quick. 2 hours. Local anesthesia. I did enjoy the Xanax prior to surgery. I went home after for a brief period and then went about my day. I was in a compression vest and surgical wrap for a week. My recovery. This is where your patience is needed. It was a week after surgery before I was down to just the compression vest and gauze over the nipples and incisions. After week 12, I was able to eliminate the taping. After 3 months, I was able to chuck the compression vests, but still advised to wear compression shirts for a few months after that. I will say it’s hard to realize your results until you get to 6 months. My results. It’s been one year (May 2015) and the results are awesome. I am seeing the scars to get less and less red. I was told 1-2 years with scaring results. I can now wear tight tshirts, and in fact, I find myself sticking out my chest!

March 19th, 2015
Really caring, and very responsive.
I can't recommend Dr. Cruise enough. I came half way around the globe (from the middle east) to do two operations with him: tummy tuck and gynecomastia a year later. I get emails and calls from his staff on a regular basis, even a year later, just checking up if everything is ok. And I really love the results. What I love the most, is that he starts off with the risks and sets the expectations before anything else. As he cares more about the well being of his patients rather than just convincing some to come in and make money. I honestly cant recommend him enough.

March 16th, 2015
My son started to develop breast at about age 10/11. By the time he was 12, they were very obvious to everyone. His self-esteem was suffering and he was being teased at school. My son begged me to do something. As a mother, this was torture. After a lot of research, I found Dr. Joseph Cruise. His website is very impressive and he seemed to be the only surgeon in the area with experience in gynecomastia in a young patient. When we met Dr. Cruise I felt very comfortable with his skill and experience. His staff is very professional and caring and they never make you feel rushed. My son had surgery three months ago at age 13 to remove his breasts. The results are amazing! The scars are still present but he looks completely normal in a shirt. His self-esteem has greatly improved and he is finally standing with his shoulders back. We are so thankful to have crossed paths with Dr. Cruise and his staff and would highly recommend them to anyone with gynecomastia.

February 19th, 2015
Wonderful experience!!!! Loving my body...dr. cruise is the best...Jessica too....

February 11th, 2015
Want the best?
Well men, got boobs and don't want them? Then Dr. Cruise and his staff can help eradicate this issue! They can re-direct the body's imperfect shape as gently and compassionately, as the best of them, if not better than the others. As one of the best in his field, the good doctor can relieve this burden from your life, breathing in new life, where anxiety and distress, filled one's self. I suffered for 50 years, being ridiculed, embarrassed to take my shirt off, and wear tight fitting shirts, because of my chest's appearance. Finally, after years of avoiding any event that could expose my self consciousness over the appearance of my chest, I saw an advertisement on television that showed me a surgeon with empathy . On the television was a man who inquired whether I might have this challenge in my life, describing me and the personal struggle it often creates to a tee. Then with empathy for this problem he described that he could help. He continued that he had, had, some great success in this field of gynecomastia. I could see he was familiar with the trauma this condition creates in one's entire person and life . I had wanted to come out of the shell I was in over this issue, and though he warned it would take a certain amount of professionalism along with experienced workmanship, he and his staff have done many, and had a good track record of results. I made a consultation by internet after looking at a well done internet site with a lot of good information. At the office I was greeted and felt staff was happy I came in. I was introduced to Cristin who had called me and invited me in for a consultation. She immediately set me at ease with the idea that the good doctor was the best, and it would be hard to find a better man for the job. I met the doctor and he examined me showing what he thought might be needed and once done explaining it all to me as if I were the most important client he had he departed. He had immediately demonstrated empathy and a confidence that he could help me gain the appearance I had tried to gain through diets, drugs, herbs, etc. to no avail. I received a quote and it was what I expected to pay to get this kind of help, and even if it was reasonable, it was a lot, so I had to think on it.. What I didn't know was how complex the procedure would actually be in my head while I decided so I went home to deliberate and studied their internet site. I still had insecurities in that I would be the exception and not a good candidate, so I made an appointment to be seen a second time and question the good doctor, on what should my expectations be. He saw me again and looked me in the eye, and said, if we did these procedures, he could give me a flat chest. I set a date to have the procedure done. Cristin coordinated everything, and everything was spelled out. The surgery center they use is "A" number one, and top notch as well. The attention and focus I received from all of them, was exemplary, gentle, loving, caring, and worth every penny. In fact, after when I wasn't coming in for check ups as frequently, I was having separation anxiety, as they had now become like family. It was the best experience I have ever had, medically or otherwise, and if I were any of you, if the good doctor says he can help, believe me he can. I love them all now, and the results well, they were everything he said and more. Not only did he flatten my chest, but he shaped me like an artist shapes a sculpture, and is definitely a dedicated man, in his art, craft, and practice. And the staff-well what can I say? They are all just as professional and loving as the doctor. Beautiful people inside each as cut from the same cloth as he is. Each is caring and there for you to the point of checking up on you at all stages to see if you need anything, have any concerns, need any questions answered. I could go on, and on, and on. I shall never forget the good doctor, his staff, or what he/they, did for me, in my life ever, ever again. Besides, I see the results everyday in the mirror and have to resist the temptation to call them and say thank you over and over. I simply love each and every one of them. I really do. Don't hesitate, think it out, review his information and compare, but if you want my advice, then I say, take him up on his offer to help. He is a can do man, and would not tell you so, if what you were asking for, was not possible. There are are always exceptions, but this staff and doctor leave nothing to chance, and each of them do their jobs, with the upmost professionalism and discretion, befitting royalty, and I am just the average Joe- well use to be anyway. Now I am special because I had some very good people help me out. Go for it!

December 17th, 2014
I was truly blown away by the level of care I received with Dr. Cruise and every single lady on his staff. I had breast implants put in 15 years ago by another doctor and after nursing and just plain old gravity they were really falling below the acceptable zone! I decided to go with Dr. Cruise because of his positive reviews online and then after I met him I knew I had made the right choice. A few things really stand out. He seems to have put a lot of thought into the way his office runs and from my perspective the whole process felt like a well oiled machine. Tiffani was very knowledgable and has a sweet and kind demeanor that helps make the process quite pleasant. She helped with the initial overview, scheduling and pricing. The nurses Jessica and Jennifer are experts in their field and Tavania at the front desk is incredibly warm and welcoming. I didn't realize the level of care that would be provided after the surgery. So many check ups and aftercare is included in the pricing and you get a chance to get to know the nurses and I also learned a great deal about the way our bodies heal. The nurses were kind, competent, empathetic and passionate about their jobs. Many of the nurses who work there get to benefit from his work and that really helped my experience as well. It helps to hear from the nurses from a medical perspective and then it also is incredibly helpful to hear from them as someone who may have went through a similar surgery. I also really appreciated the time Dr. Cruise took with me during my consultation and other appointments. Every time we met he was 100% present and focused. He was never rushed or looking at the clock. I have not had very good luck with previous doctors in that department so I was thrilled and a little bit surprised to discover that I would get his full attention. Probably the best part about Dr. Cruise is that he is a very skilled surgeon. I love how the ladies that work for him really believe in the "product". They would gush and rant and rave about his work and then after my procedure I realized why. It's really really well done! My beasts look a lot better than I really thought they were going to be capable of. It's hard to say they are work of art without sounding a little silly... but that's what they are! They look so pretty and perky and they are perfectly balanced and just right for my body. I really could not be happier with them. I think surgically and also personality wise, Dr. Cruise has an edge over other surgeons. I would recommend him to a close friend and I would go back to him. It also meant a lot to me that when I had a minor rash due to a tape allergy, I called him after hours and he answered his phone on the first ring! Also, I was a little nervous on surgery day and Erica in the operating room was just about as pleasant as possible. She immediately put my mind at ease and also spoke very highly of Dr. Cruise's work. You can tell when people are speaking from the heart and she really put my mind at ease. It seems like Dr. Cruise has put a lot of thought into carefully vetting every member of his team and it really shows.

December 4th, 2014
Happy Patient .
After raising 4 kids, I needed a make over. My girl friend had had work done and looked great but she was very private about it and I didn't ask what Dr she had used. After researching I picked Dr Cruise and went for a Consultation. I loved him and his staff from the first time. When I later told my girlfriend that I was having some work done and where, we were so surprised we had chosen the same Dr, without even talking. I didn't really know what I wanted or needed but completely trusted Dr Cruise. I felt total peace going in for surgery. And the result is amazing, now I look the way I feel. I had a long drive for my checkups but always looked forward to seeing everyone in the Cruise office, they are genuinely friendly and caring and very professional and I will truly miss coming in now that I am healed.

June 30th, 2014
Best Breast Reduction Surgeon
Since I have had surgery (5 months) ago, I have had the best service from everyone at the office and from Dr. Cruise. I had a breast reduction and am very, very pleased with my results. The girls in the office are always following up with me, with phone calls and doctor visits-- making sure everything looks great, which they do :) I am very please with everyone at this office ad dr. Cruise has a special gift and I am 100% satisfied with what he has done for me. I can't express how happy I am with my results and everyone at the office.

June 29th, 2014
Incredible 5-star doctor!!
I had a breast lift and reduction with Dr. Cruise 4 weeks ago and I'm amazed at how natural and youthful the results look. About 7 months ago I had a circumferential tummy tuck and was very pleased with the results, including an almost non-existent scar that is not noticeable and a very nice looking bellybutton, so I chose Dr. Cruise to do my breast surgery as well. Along with the surgery, I had a fat transfer to my face and I have received many complements from my friends and family of how much younger I look! The recovery period was very short with little pain and swelling. His expertise and knowledge of body contouring is amazing. He truly knows what he is doing and I believe he is one of the best plastic surgeons in Orange County. His staff is very insightful and answered all my questions. I'm so much happier with my life and I would highly recommend Dr. Cruise to anyone looking for a natural and pleasing result!

June 17th, 2014
Wonderful Surgeon and Caring Staff!!
Since I am six months post-op, I thought it would be a good time to review Dr. Cruise and his staff. My neck had been bothering me for years and when I began to Google "neck lifts" I found Dr. Cruise. I know it is suggested to interview three doctors and all of that but after I met Dr. Cruise I really did not feel the need to continue my search. The good feeling started even before I came in when I booked a consultation with Cristin on the phone. When I went in, Dr. Cruise did not try to talk me into anything but rather provided an education on lifts and face and neck work. I truly got the feeling Dr. Cruise was focused on the best result for me and not just having a new patient. I ultimately booked a neck lift, mini face lift, temple lift, fat transfer, and lower bleph for almost a year out. Cristin was fantastic with helping me prepare for my procedures and offered to do as many consultations I wanted with Dr. Cruise to ease any anxiety I had (since I had so much time to wait). The procedures went smoothly and I stayed home from work for about 13 days (if I were to do it again I would give myself a bit more time). During these days (and for MANY days after that) I would have various bursts of panic when I wasn't sure about this swelling or that bruise as I did not know what to expect in spite of all the information that Cristin and Dr. Cruise gave me prior. Every time I had a concern I would e-mail or call Cristin and she would quickly respond with somehow the perfect thing to say to get me back on track. During the follow-up appointments Cristin, Dr. Cruise, Jennifer, and Jessica were all very encouraging and calming. They always assured me all was normal and I was on track even though my face did not always agree. So now that I have just turned 50 and the surgeries are behind me, I am SO glad I did it and feel the timing in my life was perfect. Everything fell into place and when I see pictures my face, neck, and eyes look much more youthful although very natural. My own mother did not even know I had "work done." Best of all there is no more awful neck sagging and banding, which was really aging me. Thank you, Dr. Cruise. Now 50 doesn't seem so bad:)