A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Custer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Custer, MD is board certified in Pediatrics, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, and Pediatric Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
- High-Frequency Ventilation
- Respiratory Failure
Education & Awards
Dr. Custer graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis.
Dr. Custer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- C.S. Mott Children's Hospital
- University of Michigan Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Custer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 19 plans
- Humana - 8 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph R. Custer practice?
Dr. Joseph Custer practices Pediatrics, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Critical Care Medicine near Ann Arbor, MI.
See Ann Arbor Pediatricians, Ann Arbor Pediatric Specialists, Ann Arbor Internists, and Ann Arbor Critical Care Practitioners.