Dr. Joseph Shrager Is this you?

Pod ride

Posted on March 15th, 2013

I've been going to Dr. Dinesen for almost a year now due to infertility issues from PCOS. What I love about him is that he explained my issues to me and my husband (who didn't completely understand what was going on) and even drew a little diagram of what was going on in my body. He is also very open to discussing your plan with you, working with you, and giving you choices. When I decided to take a break, he even encouraged me to do so and get a second opinion if I wanted to. I like that I am so involved in the choices being made and not being forced into anything (like IVF or surgery). I have seen Kami before, I didn't have any problems with her. She's not quite as upbeat or friendly as Dr. Dinesen but she was completely professional and open to answering my questions. Honestly, I don't think either doctors are going to sugar coat things for you, which is exactly what I want. But they are also not going 3 My wife and I are RNs and wanted a VBAC delivery for our baby. Dinesen’s office was cautiously open to VBAC. They overstated risk to baby from uterine rupture but offered no discussion on risks of repeated C-section (higher than VBAC), also risk of rupture is much higher with petocin and it doubles chance of C-section. The delivery was not what we would have chosen if we were allowed to choose our own birth plan. When my wife went into spontaneous labor we wanted to let it take its course. We expected to spend the day at home until contractions were close enough to indicate going to the hospital. Instead we were told go to hospital immediately. The MD ordered petocin immediately without a vaginal exam. When I asked why not let it progress, she became irritated and quelled any chance of a natural delivery. The doc got her way, we were only the parents, our wishes didn’t matter. The focus was rush this thing out. Next time we’ll use I have been going to him for 10 years. I have dealt with him thru both a LEEP proceedure to remove cancerous cells from my cervix as well as a pregnancy. HE HAS BEEN AWESOME. I am going to him for my second child as well. I understand the comments about Kam, but don't agree. When I first went there I thought she was not the nicest person but if you make an effort to talk to her she is actually was referred to Dr. D's office a few years back (maybe 4) from a good friend. She mentioned that he was great but Kamela was not the nicest person. I have seen both doctors and both are great. I see Kamela more than Dr. D. I have never had a problem with Kamela, ever. My initial visit was to see if there were any other options for an issue I had to deal with (as my other dr told me there was nothing I could do). The visit was with Kamela and the good news was that there was a solution. Since then, I have had a missed miscarriage in which Dr. D took care of me, two years back. I am pregnant once again, and all looks great! I was just in his office today visiting with Kamela and she was very enthusiastic with me. I am not a shy person and Kamela is great with me. During this pregnancy, I had made a phone call to the office on a weekend, when they do not work. Dr. D himself calleed me back 15-20 minutes later. I have never had a problem with any folks that work there.

nice experience

Posted on June 19th, 2010

good doc. short wait.

Francine Pistano

Posted on March 10th, 2010

outstanding dermatologist. Me and my family have been going to Dr. Shrager for years.

Posted on February 20th, 2015