Dr. Joseph Davies MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 1st, 2016
An extraordinary orthopedic surgeon
Dr. Davies is a consummate professional. I had my right knee replaced by him in the summer of 2015, and the surgery was a complete success. It took only two weeks or so until I could walk independently, and the replacement procedure enabled me to work through physical therapy at a greatly accelerated rate. My knee has been pain-free ever since, and I'm able to do MUCH more physically than I could before the surgery. I can walk several miles, ride both exercise and regular bikes, and even play some basketball. In short, I can recommend him unconditionally. shoot hoops

June 23rd, 2016
Dr Davies has done three surgeries over the years. His skill is top notch and his attention to detail the finest! Thank you for taking me out of pain!!!!!! I highly recommend Dr. Joe Davies!

June 23rd, 2016
He talks really fast. He gives you a lot of information in a short period of time. I would like to have the information in writing in order of importance. It's just too hard to remember everything.

February 18th, 2016
If you want to be confident in your surgeon...
I was referred to Dr. Davies at the age of 40 when it was discovered that all of my "back problems" were actually due to needing hip replacement. I had been booked to have back surgery when my chiropractor figured out the problem was my hip not my back. Frightening. My friend had done a LOT of research on good surgeons for her mother at that same time. Dr. Davies is skilled, confident, and will be totally honest with you. When considering knee or hip replacements you NEED honesty and to know the reality of what to expect and Dr. Davies does that -in a good way. His whole staff is helpful and can answer simple and difficult questions and I trust them as much as him. Megan is fabulous and they make an awesome team. Other doctors felt I was too young for hip replacement, but Dr. Davies only talked about my "quality of life" and left the decision up to me. After years of pain and terrible posture and walking, of course I chose to have it. I have never for one moment regretted my decision. I am 10 years post-surgery and haven't had a single issue. I knew the moment I woke up in recovery that my hip didn't hurt or ache anymore (and that wasn't just the pain meds). My experiences with Dr. Davies were so good that my husband decided to go with him when he finally decided to have his knee replaced last year. All went very smoothly for him as well. I have recommended Dr. Davies to numerous people confidently and will continue to do so.

December 9th, 2015
Excellent physician

November 6th, 2015
Gets right to the source without going on and on. Very professional.

August 4th, 2015
two months to get an appointment, Davies was almost forty minutes late for the appointment was told start taking Alleve and get a cane.

June 4th, 2015
Doctor Davies does not return calls. My father has an appointment 2 months out to have a hip replacement for a joint that has "disintegrated". Explain that to me!

January 28th, 2015
Great skills and a good bedside manner

September 8th, 2014
Dr. Davies performed a hip replacement on me 15 years ago the results have been excellent with no issues

September 4th, 2013
Patient
I have been a patient of Dr Davies for over 20yrs and would not consider seeing any other orthopedic specialist. He is extremely knowledgeable, great bedside manner, explains things in as way that you can understand. Excellent doctor that I would highly recommend!

August 6th, 2013
I Truely Have My Life Back
I am five months post-op after grade four abductor tears in the minimus and medius abductor hip muscles and have absolutely no pain. Going to PT twice a week and working very hard to walk to walk normally again, I thank God for Dr. Davies every day. He gave me my life back after others drs. and even Mayo clinic gave up on me and told me "Just learn to live with it". I'm so glad my path led me to Dr. Davies. He is a very talented and skilled surgeon. He has even had a grade one tear himself, so he can relate to the terrible pain a person is in with abductor tear issues. My advise to anyone suffering is to never give up...there is help out there for you. And if Dr. Davies can't help you, he will lead you to the person who can. My hat is off to Dr. Davies. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.