Dr. Joseph Dehaven MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 13 reviews

June 17th, 2016
Dr. Dehaven has been my physician for more than 35 years. There have been times I've had to wait awhile to see him (i.e. where he's had an emergency, etc.), but I've always told him he's worth waiting for. Wonderful doctor who truly listens to what a patient is saying. He caught some really bad things over the years, but always early enough that quick treatment took care of it. My husband and I consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have such a great doctor. When I've been in the hospital over the years, he always shows up about 4 am and as late as 8-10 pm. This is a dedicated, caring, extremely competent doctor.

June 14th, 2016
Great doctor. He has handled my daughter's juvenile diabetes for 30 years and taken care of my calcium deficiency (I have no para thyroid gland) for many years. He is really a good guy.

February 16th, 2015
I have been with Dr. DeHaven for4 years. He is compassionatr, thorough and an excellent physician.

November 12th, 2014
Wonderful MD for any internal problem of the endocrine system. Great care!
I was referred to use Dr. haven to keep track of the many features of Cushing's Disease, and the tests as well as needs to explain what each test is for. He is extremely smart and usually in deep thought even while checking for outward signs of problems. Thank you for all you do!

August 10th, 2014
To the person complaining about self pay. You have no idea how many people say they will pay and then don't. Maybe that's why his office doesn't take self pay and if I was a dr I wouldn't either. Nothing in life should be free. A Dr shouldn't go to school half their life and have to put up with people not paying he has bills to pay too and probably a lot of student loans. Did you ever think about that? Probably not! Get some insurance so everyone else doesn't have to pay for you to go to the Dr.

May 2nd, 2014
family doctor for over 30 years
Dr.Dehaven is an excellent doctor who is on target with diagnosis, medication prescribed, bedside manner, prompt hospital visits, we can't say enough GREAT things about him. He diagnosed my daughter's illness within a few minutes of seeing her and her pediatrician had been treating her for other issues(many years ago).

May 30th, 2012
Great doctor !!
I only saw Dr. Dehaven while I was in the hospital so I do not know about his office ratings. I was most impressed with is knowledge and caring attitude. Again my opinion is that Dr. Dehaven is a great doctor and would definately recommend him!!

August 5th, 2011
Nice doc, not a good at thryoid problems
He seems to care, I guess takes adequate time when you can get an appt. He went to him for 3 years trying to get well. I ended up have a partial thyroidectomy which I found I did not need per the surgeon that proformed the surgery. He said the symptoms would worked its way out, it would take time but with the proper care it could. I asked dr dehaven at a sickest point if I could see him more often cause I was tired of being so sick, He said he couldn't cause he had so many patients. I give him a small amount of credit, he did look contrite. That was my last visit.

July 4th, 2011
The Gold Standard
I've been a patient of Dr. DeHaven's since 1983. As a nurse, I tend to look beyond what most people look for in a physician. He has always taken time to explain his findings and most importantly, listens. He is an excellent diagnostician with a gentle and caring attitude. I have continued my care with him after moving away, making an 8 hour round trip to maintain my treatment plan. He is the best.

March 30th, 2010
Excellent Doctor
Dr. DeHaven is a wonderful doctor. I have been seeing him for many years now. When you have an appointment with him, he's very professional and he always exhibits a great concern for his patients.

November 18th, 2009
patient
Best doctor I have ever been to

March 29th, 2009
Best doctor I ever went to.