Dr. Joseph Del Pizzo MD Patient Reviews

• Urology New York, NY

4.7

March 26th, 2017
Great doctor
Dr Del Pizzo helped me when I was passing a kidney stone. He was very thorough and compassionate, explained the treatment options and patiently answered all questions. He always answers my phone calls and emails. He got me into surgery and removed the stone with no problems! I was able to get back to work (and my life) the next day! I would recommend him to anyone. He has a lot of experience and cares about his patients!

December 29th, 2016
Renowned Expert
Dr Del Pizzo came highly recommended for laparoscopic and robotic surgery for complex kidney tumors. He saved my kidney and my life. Excellent bedside manner. As patient and compassionate as he is highly skilled. Always took time to answer questions , phone calls and even emails. Can't say enough good things about him and his staff

June 13th, 2016
Kidney surgery
After going to several surgeons including several at Sloan . Dr. Del Pizzo , was recommended to me. I had a small tumor in my right kidney. I was assured that by Dr. Dell Pizzo that surgery would be the solution. I was upset, and decided to have the surgery. He removed 5% of my kidney which is now 100% normal. He was excellent and did Robotic surgery. A really great surgeon,

May 5th, 2016
Dr. DelPizzo is excellent! Now he has to perform surgery on me which will make him my hero.

March 27th, 2016
Dr. Del Pizzo is an excellent surgeon. He is a caring and compassionate person. He cares about his patients. He spends enough time explaining things to you and doesn't rush you out of his office. Answers your calls or emails promptly. Would recommend Dr. Del Pizzo. He is top in his field.

February 21st, 2016
Very grateful to this wonderful person and extraordinary physician. I had a surprising diagnosis of a kidney tumor from my primary Doctor and was very scared. He saw me the same day and spent time with me explaining all the medical facts and answering all of my questions. Did a perfect job with the surgery and saw me every day in the hospital. As a physician and surgeon, it gets no better than him. Highest recommendation

December 25th, 2015
Excellent. Courteous. Spent lots of time with me during visit and then on phone calls answering questions and discussing results. Highest recommendation !

November 30th, 2015
Expert urologist
I saw Dr Del pizzo foe a kidney stone, he is an expert when it comes to kidney stones. You could email him any questions and he gets back to you within 15 mins, never leaves you hanging...I had to go to the ER with my kidney stone pain, at 1030 pm on a Sunday night, I emailed Dr D, and within 5mins he emailed me back and said his team was at the hospital and ensured me that no interventions or procedures would be done without his knowledge which put me at ease immediately. He followed up with me the next day. There is only one urologist I would have treat my kidney and that's Dr DelPizzo!

October 22nd, 2015
Arrogant
Arrogant , does not explain thoroughly your test results, only gives you what "he" thinks you need to know.. Won't be going back for sure.

July 29th, 2015
He is a compassionate doctor who is dedicated to his craft and his patients well being. I saw several urologists before him, but Dr Del Pizzo was the most thorough and diagnosed my condition expertly , then treated it and followed up right away. A true pioneer and healer. Highest recommendation !

July 18th, 2015
NYC Best Surgeon....and Doctor
My husband was diagnosed with a kidney tumor after being seen with what we thought was s kidney stone. We were shocked and scared. Dr Del Pizzo was recommended by our family doctor, and after only a few minutes he relieved all of our uncertainty and fear. He explained the diagnosis and treatment plan. He also set our expectations. The robotic surgery went perfectly well. My husband was home after a day and has recovered well. All of our phone calls were answered in a timely fashion by this doctor himself!! Highest recommendation if you want an expert surgeon and an outstanding and compassionate doctor.

June 18th, 2015
Best of the best
What a professional caregiver this doctor has been for me and my family. His outstanding surgical skills are eclipsed only by his tremendous empathy and effort to comfort and inform me as the patient and my family. A true healer in every sense of the word. Forever indebted.