Pediatricians

338 Russell Ave
Williamsport, PA 17701
570-326-5720
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

May 6th, 2013

I went to this doctor with my little girl and he just made me feel very uncomfortable with the way he acted around her. I never went back, afterwards I heard he was strange in that way.

|  Know too much  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

I work with Dr. Demay daily at the hospital. I had always heard he was egotistical- well they were correct. I just had a new mom, who was a little larger, have a baby. He was calling her a "fat whale" and "pig" in front of the staff. Very sad. He slept with numerous coworkers- has a girlfriend who is incredibly disabled, and he continues to flirt and mess around with nurses. Very disgusting man.

|  Best doctor around  |  show details
May 30th, 2012

If you're looking for a doctor who loves kids and uses a balanced approach to medicine - then Dr. Demay is your doctor. He is careful and thorough and compassionate. My oldest child just "graduated" out of pediatrics and we are so sorry to have to find her a new doctor. She has always loved him!

|  Office was very unprofessional  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2012

I just recently moved to this area from out of state. I heard about this doctor and when I went to see him, I was shocked at the overall appearance of the waiting room and examining rooms. They were filthy. Dr. DeMay was dressed very unprofessionally in jeans and a t-shirt. He looked like he had not bathed in quite some time. His hair was long and stringy and he did not seem all there. The appointment was rushed and I thought his staff even looked quite unprofessional in tight jeans and dirty shoes. It was very upsetting to me. I will never go back. I had heard rumors later that his personal life is very questionable. We decided to go to Dr. O'Hara and she was awesome.

Sep 1st, 2011

I happened to stumbled across this website and I must say I was quite shocked at some of the comments people postedso let me set things straight. Dr. Demay is a fantastic pediatrician. He has always treated me and my children with complete respect ever since we have been part of his practice (20 years). I have recommended him to many friends and family members over the years who have children and they also have nothing but the best of remarks to make about him. He loves children and is very good about follow up and most definitely does not rush through the appointment. He has a small dog that the children absolutely adore. The dog loves attention and is able to make the "terrifying visit to the doctor's office" not so scary after all to a small child. The office most certainly is not dirty whatsoever...cluttered a bit maybe...but definitely not dirty so I am not sure where some of these people are getting their information from. On the topic of the other people's posts, I don't think his personal life is anyone's business but his own and should not be plastered all over the internet. It seems to me that some of these writers have reason to discredit Dr. Demay for things outside of his practice that have nothing to do with his professionalism whatsoever. Regardless, the staff is always very pleasant and if you spend just one minute speaking with Dr. Demay, you will see exactly what I see and will most certainly agree with everything I have said. Again, I would recommend anyone to join his practice.

|  A friend of his son's  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2011

I worked in the office for a summer and am a friend of one of his sons. Dr. DeMay was always very sarcastic and critical of all of his patient's parents. After they left his office, he would rip them to shreds. His demeanor totally changed. I know his son has never recovered from the verbal abuse he received from his father and from his father's indiscretions and his abandonment of his family. I feel very sad for the family especially for my friend.

Aug 4th, 2011

My husband and I first met doctor Demay before we gave birth to our 1st child. He had came to hospital to check on him and give him his first shots and made sure we all were ok. He has been a great Doc to him and the office staff is always wonderful. I believe that his personal life has never affectatd the visits my child sees with him, and never have I seen his office setting in dirty conditions! The people who left upsetting rattings about him may know him on a more personal level and I do not think it is approate to rate him on the mistakes he may have made bc noone is perfect. In my eyes he still does very well in his profession!

Jul 26th, 2011

Dr. DeMay has always been very helpful with our very colicky children. He has done all he could to help resolve their issues. We are also able to get appointments the day we call if we have a problem. He is a great doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.

|  Very caring and knowledgeable doctor.  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

I have taken my three children to Dr. Demay for the past 18 years and will continue to do so with my younger two. He has always been attentive and patient even when I was a nervous new mother. We have had multiple health issues over the years and he has followed up on several occasions with calls to our home to check on my children's progress. I don't know what my husband and I would have done without his guidance in raising our children.

Oct 7th, 2010

I have taken my children....seven of them to dr demay for the last 16 years. He is always caring and attentive to all of them. He has seen our family thru several terrible health issues. During the most trying time when my oldest was 7 (now 21) she had pnemonia and all of my children (5 at the time) were ill, and i was pregnant. he called me twice a day to report on my daughter and check on the rest of the family. he has always given our family the best of care, and when a health situation is beyond him, refers us to the best doctors. I have trusted him with my children's lives and will continue to do so.

Sep 17th, 2010

I feel as though Dr. Demay cared more about himself, and his girlfriend that just recently had a massive stroke then my very sick children. I WILL never go back. Also, the office is very dirty.

Aug 5th, 2010

He seemed more interested in himself than my son. He also has a very dirty office and there was a dog running around in it. I will never go back.

Jan 20th, 2010

Dr. DeMay is an adulterer who is self centered, egotistical, and arrogant. He has ruined several marriages including his own due to his lack of respect for people and lack of morals. Would you want him caring for your child?

|  bad experience  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2009

Dr. DeMay was very arrogant and did not act like he liked children. He had a dog in the office that he paid more attention to than the children that were sick.