Dr. Joseph Doumit MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

June 7th, 2015
Listens, Supportive and an Expert in his field!
After two years of frustration, excess medication and a bi-polar diagnosis with a different doctor (as well as being admitted for inpatient care/ followed by outpatient based on depression and suicidal behavior), Dr. Doumit literally saved my life. He spent time reassessing me, listening, giving me the time to explain myself and came to the conclusion that I had a personality disorder which required an entirely different medication plan along with DBT therapy. It's been five months of visits with Dr. Doumit while coming off medication, I feel so encouraged, supported and motivated. It has not been an easy process but Dr. Doumit is an expert, he is professional, he is kind and most important he listens so that we can make the best decisions for me going forward. I know I can live a better life now with his help.

May 14th, 2015
He's the best of the best.

December 18th, 2014
Dr. Doumit is the BEST
I have PTSD, anxiety, & depression. Dr. Doumit, whom I have seen for around 4 years now, has consistently been kind, knowledgeable, professional, and gets right to the core of what patients need. He tailors meds very cooperatively, and my favorite quality about him is that he is always polite and diplomatic, but is very candid and to the point. He offers insights and asks prompting questions for self-reflection that are beneficial and helps me honestly look at how I can try to improve my coping skills yet he is realistic and understands that patients can only do so much, and he is very supportive. :-)

December 8th, 2014
Couldn't Ask For Better Care!
Mental health issues are a vulnerable subject, even when discussed with a medical professional who's trained to address them. I made the mistake of switching to an HMO plan and had to see a different Psychiatrist for a year. I couldn't wait to re-enroll in the PPO plan so I could return to Dr. Doumit's compassionate care! Dr. Doumit is efficient in his diagnosis, intuitive in his approach, and proactive in his treatment. When he greets you in the waiting room, you’ll feel immediately at ease. He’s gracious with his time and will encourage you to e-mail him with any concerns between appointments. Whatever health struggles you’re facing, be assured, Dr. Doumit will be with ya every step of the way!

April 6th, 2014
Conscientious
I appreciate knowing he really cares about his patients ~ the one time I had a longer than expected wait, he was making certain the prior patient (in crisis) was appropriately being cared for before ending that appointment to take my turn. Every other time I have been to an appointment, he comes to the waiting room on time or early to accompany me to his office.