Dr. Joseph Duvall MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 23rd, 2015
Scheduling
I agree that Dr. Duvall is a good doctor, however, the multiple times I've gone in I've always had to wait close to 45 minutes after my appointment to be seen. When trying to schedule an appointment this last time, I was told I would not be able to get in for another 4 weeks. I have a rash around my lips and chin that can't wait 4 weeks to be treated. Only gave me one date and one time. She said the doctor was out until August, which is fine but the date she gave me was three weeks into August. This date she gave me didn't work with my schedule because I would be out of town. The woman on the phone told did not even say anything when I said this and finally offered me an even later date. Again, only one date and one time. When I told her I'd have to go to someone else because I needed my rash situation treated as soon as possible she said "alright then" and hung up. It's a shame that bad customer service can ruin a practice. I have 6 people in my family who all went to Dr. Duvall before this and I am afraid we may have to take our services elsewhere if scheduling is going to be this difficult and this rude.

June 8th, 2015
A++++++++
My experience with Dr. Duvall over the years has been nothing short of exceptional. Sometimes there is a wait, but Dr. Duvall is doing his best to see all of the emergencies that call.... Most doctors won't do that. As far as the office staff goes, I have always enjoyed my visits there. Very professional and friendly office and doctor.

July 22nd, 2014
Good doctor, bad staff
Dr. Duvall is probably the most knowledgeable dermatologist in the area. He helped me with Accutane, which I was nervous to try at first, but his good bedside manner lets you know you can trust him. The problem, however, lies with his staff. The woman at the front desk is the rudest, most unprofessional human being I have ever encountered. It's obvious she hates helping people schedule appointments around their busy schedules and quite frankly doesn't like the people themselves either. She shouldn't be complaining, as their hours are absoloutely ridiculous. The lady by the filing cabinet is not much better, always butting into patients' conversations. I cannot begin to tell you how many appointments I have been met with disrespect, attitude, and snarkiness. It's a shame how much it takes away from Dr. Duvall's outstanding practice. Unfortunately, I think it's time to find a new doctor.

July 26th, 2012
Awesome doc!
One of the best doctors around.

November 21st, 2011
I will not go back to this office even though everything was good my appointment day. I had mole removed that he told me did not need to be sent out for a biopsy. He said that regardless of that they send everything out for a biopsy since insurance covers it it's not a big deal. I didn't think anything of it but then three weeks later I have received 3 bills totaling over $200 for this biopsy that he even told me was unnecessary. I called to complain to the office and they could care less. Very frustrating experience. He was a good doctor, very good bed side manner, but the whole situation seemed avoidable if you ask me.

October 19th, 2009
What an excellent doctor. So glad we found him. He has taken care of us and our family for several years and we'd feel lost without him.