Dr. Joseph Andrews MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

February 25th, 2016
A waste of time and money
I've seen Dr Andrews for over a year paying out lots of money to see him for 5 mins taking medications that dont work and I call to get a different prescription and the staff either doesn't answer or they never call you back and if they do answer the snobby lady that checks you in gives you an attitude they make you feel like you're not important.

September 21st, 2015
I really like Dr. Andrews.

March 31st, 2014
Federal and State a Retiree
I have known and have been a patient periodically of Dr. Andrews from time to time for many years. He has always been helpful, courtesy and professional . Staff support has been generally good however waiting times are generally longer than average. I will continue to use Dr. Andrews for Dermatology needs

May 4th, 2013
I had scheduled a procedure called Fraxel. Of course after you leave the consult then more questions pop up. However I was told that I would have to come back in to discuss as Dr Andrews would not be available by phone!. The day of the procedure, the nurse asked me if I was taking Retin A, aspirin etc. Rather late to be discussing what should have been reviewed with the patient at the time of scheduling or at least a couple of weeks prior to the procedure! My additional questions were taken as a personal affront both by the Dr and the nurse as if it demonstrated an uncertainty on my part and they refused to work with me. I was completely blown away by the lack of professionalism and an unwillingness to listen to legitimate questions from the patient.

November 19th, 2012
Caring and competent
Dr. Andrews diagnosed and treated me for a skin disorder that had been misdiagnosed by my family doctor for six months. I had previously been given four different drugs for an infection, and the rash continued to spread. I was given four different antibiotics which did not help and after spending hundreds of dollars, saw Dr. Andrews. He diagnosed me with a contact dermatitis and prescribed a steroid medication and the rash cleared up within three days. I only wish that I had visited him first; next time I'll know better.

November 2nd, 2012
Profesional, kind and competent
I developed a mole and was told by another dermatologist that I shouldn't worry about it. She did not want to remove it or study it. She said I did not have to return to the office. I was worried about the mole and a friend recommended Dr. Andrews. I made an appointment to see him, and he recommended that it be removed and looked at under the microscope. He removed it and it turned out to be skin cancer. I was sent to an oncologist to make sure that it did not spread anywhere else on my body. The mole was a malignant melanoma. The cancer did not spread, but not I visit Dr. Andrews every six months for a check up. I am very pleased with his care and his staff are very kind. I highly recommend him. He saved my life.

June 2nd, 2011
go to Dr. Burke or Milford dermatologists, not to Andrews!
I know from experience that this doctor is incompetent in making skin cancer diagnosis and in treating skin cancers. He has no board certification in anything, and has numerous patients complaining about diagnostic mistakes he's made.

May 17th, 2009
THIS DR DOES NOT CARE ABOUT PATIENTS TIME I HAD TO WAIT OVER AN HOUR AND HE WAS IN AND OUT IN LESS THAT 5 MIN AFTER THAT WAIT. I DID NOT FEEL HE WAS EVEN FOCUSED ON ME HE ASKED ME A QUESTION AND TYPED AWAY ON HIS LITTLE COMPUTER NEVER LOOKING UP. THEN GAVE ME A RX AND HE WAS GONE I SPENT MORE TIME WITH HIS STAFF WHO WHERE TRYING TO CALM A ROOM FULL OF ANGERY PEOPLE. IT TOOK ME 3 MNTHS TO GET THE APPT. THEY DONT CALL YOU TO REMIND YOU AND EXPECT YOU TO PAY 50.00 IF YOU DON'T CALL TO CANCELL. I WOULD NOT SIGN THAT SECTION OF HIS MANY PAGES OF WORDY AND OFTEN REPRTITIVE PAPER WORK. IF ANOTHER DERMATOLOGIST COMES TO TOWN THIS DR WILL LOSE A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF. I CONSIDER THE MAN RUDE WITH A CAPITAL R.IN TALKING TO THE OTHERS IN THE ROOM I FOUND THIS IS NORMAL SOMETIMES THE WAIT IS OVER 2 HOURS. HE NEEDS TO CHECK HIMSELF ARROGANCE IS WHAT MAKES A DR FEEL THAT THERE TIME IS THE ONLY TIME THAT IS IMPORTANT. I THINK HE IS EXTREMELY SO AND HIS WHOLE DEMEANOR TO ME WAS FAKE. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HIM.

April 17th, 2017