Dr. Joseph Goldberg MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Norwalk, CT

3.9

January 11th, 2016
We traveled a long distance for an appointment -- but it was worth it. Dr. Goldberg was very thorough and patiently answered all our questions. Took his time. He has a wealth of knowledge and is not quick to jump to a treatment plan; rather, he likes to explore all the options. Highly recommended.

October 22nd, 2015
Six psychiatrists from my health plan in two years could not get to the real problem, took a leap going out of network with Dr. Goldberg and he was the only one to help properly diagnose and treat the main issue. So thankful I took that chance and paid that extra money. So well spent.

January 4th, 2015
Expertise, empathy and excellence
Dr. Goldberg stands out on several fronts: his depth of knowledge, his concern for and interest in the patient, and his responsiveness. I have seen a good many psychopharmacologists: none have come close to Dr. Goldberg. He enjoys the highest respect of his peers in his field, and the devotion and gratitude of his patients. The negative reviews above in no way accord with my experience or those of my spouse, or our son.

December 7th, 2013
The BEST for bipolar disorder
He is tops in the field for bipolar disorder. He is involved in the latest scientific research, teaching and publications on the subject. We are thankful to have finally found a psychiatrist who really knows psychopharmacology from diagnosis to the best treatment and how to manage the side effects of these medications. Highly recommend him.

April 21st, 2013
He does not seem to care about the patient!
There is a certain detachment Dr. G shows between Dr. and patient. I took my son to see him. My son was suffering terribly and Dr. G just kept rattling on about the degrees of bipolar. It is also absolutely boring the way he highlights certain things with stories that seem to go on forever. We needed help so badly and we left just as lost as when we came in. His price for the first visit(no insurance coverage) is $600. This is absolute robbery and he asks that fee with no follow-up visits. He should be stopped from charging such a high fee and for what??

February 13th, 2012
A national expert on Bipolar and Cognition
I have been seen by many of the top notch psychiatrists in NYC regarding my complicated bipolar disorder, compounded by a cognitive disorder as a result of chemo therapy. Two psychiatrist referred me to Dr. Goldberg in order to give me relief from my daily mental horrors. Dr. Goldberg provided me with a treatment plan where medical management stabilized me , along with understanding me as a human being. Things have been relatively good for several years and I owe my recovery to Dr. Goldberg. He is knowledgeable, a researcher, an author but most importantly, he cares. You never feel alone in your mental illness. That is big..I am forever grateful.

January 9th, 2012
Stephen Wiener, MD
I am writing as a referring psychiatrist who from time to time refers patients to Dr Goldberg for a second opinion about diagnosis and treatment of patients. I also know Dr Goldberg from professional meetings where he has spoken. Dr Goldberg is one of the true authorities on bipolar disorder, with extraordinary knowledge about research into bipolar disorder, but also has superior ability to assess and treat patients with bipolar disorder. His assessment and advice to me in regard to patient situation I have presented to him at meetings and at his office have always been very helpful

December 24th, 2011
Incredible
I've been to countless so-called experts -- Dr. Goldberg surpasses them all!! Amazing.

July 2nd, 2011
One of a Kind: Brilliant, Compassionate & Caring
Dr. Goldberg is in a league of his own. He is kind, caring, compassionate and brilliant. He hits the nail on the head and asks all the right questions to help patient's see what they need to deal with. He does not work by a clock, and would not interrupt a session because of time. He tries to stay on schedule, usually on time, but gives each patient his undivided attention. His mind is an encyclopedia, he is passionate about his practice, and honest enough to admit that neuropharmaclogy is often trial and error.

December 13th, 2010
A+++ doc!
I am a patient of this doctor. He takes great pains to accurately diagnose and treat any issues. Grateful to have finally found a doc who listens and treats till he gets it right. A little expensive, but totally worth the money if you can afford him. A+++

November 23rd, 2010
Beware
Imagine that you have a heart condition and you go to a heart specialist, who agreed to treat you. Then you have a heart attack. The heart Dr. then asks if you can wait until Monday, as it's the weekend. After the weekend the Dr. decides that you're too much trouble because you called too many times over the weekend and drops the case. It then takes an extra day to be released because you need to find another Dr. True story, just replace the heart specialist for Dr. Joe Goldberg. That is how Joe Goldberg treats his patients. Shame on him.

November 19th, 2010
Dr. Goldberg is brilliant. He has been the only psychiatrist in a long line that has helped our son. Thank you, Dr. Goldberg!