A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Farmer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Farmer, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Critical Care Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
Education & Awards
Dr. Farmer graduated from The University of Texas at Houston.
Dr. Farmer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- Mayo Clinic Rochester Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Farmer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan