Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Mary Lopez on May 15th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Ferguson for approx. 15 years. Some may think they have to wait too long for their scheduled appointment, but the time that he spends with each patient and his accurate diagnosis makes the wait well worth your time. I have moved out of the Fredericksburg area, but continue to schedule appointments with him because I trust him more than any doctor I have seen. I have highly recommend him to everyone who needs a family doctor and will continue to do so. Thank you Dr. Ferguson for always being their when I need your medical attention.

May 3rd, 2015

He cared and he saved my life. He is the best doctor ever.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
by Kathy Wills on Mar 26th, 2015

Dr Ferguson is a kind, sincere, and caring doctor. He is very professional, but able to have that personal touch. He has helped me greatly.

Young Doctor but "old school". show details Young Doctor but "old school".
by Jerry D Evans on Mar 4th, 2015

Dr. Ferguson is one of the few medical men you will find who will still take time to listen to you as well as inform you. You can self-diagnose on the net all you want but the art of medicine is a skill Dr. Ferguson has mastered and I have personally benefited from for over ten years. He has my highest recommendation.

Jan 16th, 2015

Dr. Ferguson is thorough, a good listener, and knowledgeable. His staff, although friendly, is unresponsive. Took me four phone calls to get a prescription refill called in. Did not forward my request to speak with the doctor or nurse practitioners when my blood pressure med was not working. Very frustrating.

Patient show details Patient
Mar 26th, 2014

Dr. Ferguson is the best doctor in the Fredericksburg area.

Awesome Dr. show details Awesome Dr.
by T. Warda on Dec 26th, 2013

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Fergusen for almost 16yrs. He's very caring, prompt, and an accurate Dr.. I would stake my life with Dr. Fergusen. He has the BEST bedside manner of any Dr we've ever seen. He does believe and backs his prescriptions when issued. When test work is done, the staff doesn't call us to give results, we have to wait for our scheduled appt with Dr Fergusen which we don't mind since he is surely worth ever minute of the wait. Ashley/Staff is one of the most valued assocites he has on board. Kind, pleasant and very considerate of our feelings when results were not called to us. Office Mgr/Patty, tough woman at first but I gave up fighting/arguing with her. She was ready for a "showdown" with me in front of patients while in the waiting room, I thought this was "UNPROFESSIONAL AND PATHETIC". To say the least, she placed a sticky note on my file folder for Dr. Fergusen prior to our office visit, I was questioned like a child. I'm in my 50's.... Regardless, We love Dr Fergusen, an outstanding Dr and my husband would not be alive if it wasn' for his knowledge and wisdom in medicine. He chose the right calling.

You will keep looking elsewhere show details You will keep looking elsewhere
by Johnny on Nov 12th, 2013

A pleasant long haired sort but the problem I found is that if you have a real medical problem, he will spend time with you talking and then promptly send you to some other doctor/specialist----and you leave his office wondering why you ever went there in the first place. He just acts like a professor and is nothing more than just a professional go-between. His office staff are not the most pleasant either.

One of the best Internal Physicians around the are! show details One of the best Internal Physicians around the are!
by Leslie J. on Aug 13th, 2013

I wrote a raving review around July 26, 2013 regarding the wonderful care received from Dr. Ferguson. It's unfortunate that it has disappeared from this site. Dr. Ferguson, you're a great Physician!! laj

Manages My Care show details Manages My Care
by Steve on Aug 2nd, 2013

I really appreciate the time Dr. Ferguson gives me during my appointments. Unlike many doctors I have had he listens, he questions, he takes his time. His assessments are very thorough. He is not hesitant to refer me to a specialist when required. He doesn't just treat me, he manages my care.

Jul 30th, 2013

Does the doctor exist? I went there for 1 year and never saw him only the nurses..Office staff is rude and obnoxious.. Stay far away there are awesome doctors with staff that knows what customer service is. They do not....

Tough to Review show details Tough to Review
by Former Patients on Mar 18th, 2013

Hard to rate this doctor due to his staff and office policies. Lots of posted "rules and regulations'" like patients are school kids. Signs about refills, Rx's, cell phone use. Door locked between waiting room and the rest of the suite, protecting the staff? Doctor Ferguson is smart and engaging, but totally unavailable except for the appointment time. No return calls from him or the staff, no way to get in touch with him. Staff does not do anything but make the patients feel like apologizing for imposing. Moving on.

CaCaring doctorring doctor. show details CaCaring doctorring doctor.
Sep 27th, 2012

Being 70 years old, I have been to many different doctors. Dr. Ferguson is the most caring and knowledgeable about medications of any doctor I have had. I strongly recommend him. Long wait time is because he is so thorough with patients and doesn't rush them out of the examining room and so many do.

Good, but...... show details Good, but......
Jul 14th, 2012

Doctor is obviously competent, very sharp, and seems to be caring and kind as well. However, his staff is not what one would expect and does not represent well for him.We found we cannot reach this doctor in an emergency,and we never get a return call after leaving a voicemail.

Jan 26th, 2011

Dr. Ferguson is not only thoroughly knowledgeable on any medical question, he also is very personable; he never rushes the patient and gives freely of his time. I would recommend him highly to anyone who asked.

by Bonnie on Jun 17th, 2010

The doctors at Fredericksburg Primary Care are exceptional. The staff and help you receive depend on whether you are standing there talking to them or requesting by phone. Phone requests are slow or ignored...office hours constantly change.