A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Ferrone:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Ferrone, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ferrone graduated from Yale University, New Haven.
Dr. Ferrone has 8 hospital affiliations:
- New England Baptist Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ferrone accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph D. Ferrone practice?
Dr. Joseph Ferrone practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, Allergy & Immunology, Plastic Surgery, Radiology, Surgery, and Hematology near Newton Lower Falls, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Boston, MA and Wellesley Hills, MA.
See Newton Lower Falls Orthopedic Surgeons, Newton Lower Falls Surgeons, Newton Lower Falls Allergists, Newton Lower Falls Plastic Surgeons, Newton Lower Falls Radiologists, and Newton Lower Falls Hematologists.