A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Ferrone:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Ferrone is Poor.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ferrone
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Ferrone Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Ferrone, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ferrone graduated from Yale University, New Haven.
Dr. Ferrone has 8 hospital affiliations:
- New England Baptist Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph D Ferrone MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 50 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joseph D. Ferrone practice?
- Dr. Joseph Ferrone has 1 office location.
Dr. Joseph Ferrone practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Newton Lower Falls, MA.
See Newton Lower Falls Surgeons.