Dr. Joseph Follo MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine West Caldwell, NJ

April 21st, 2017
Excellent Doctor
Seems like his evil step-sister is as big a liar as her mother. Maybe she should spend less time trolling Dr Follo and do what she does best, dig for gold! I'm sure she hasn't married all the rich men in new york yet. I'm sure there are some smart enough to see through her total lack of intelligence and desire for money

March 25th, 2017
Caring physician
I used to go to a large group for my primary care doctor but felt I was just another number there. Dr Follo took his time with me and listened to me instead of typing into a keyboard with his back to me. He actually had me come back and went over my bloodwork with me telling me how my numbers were and if we needed to do anything about them. My other Dr had me call up in 2 weeks and they would say, everything seems fine come back in 1 year. It is great to know what my A1c is and was so that I know I am managing my diabetes correctly. My wife now comes to him and is as happy as I am, thanks Dr Follo!

January 11th, 2017
Totally Unprofessional
This doctor is the most unprofessional doctor I have ever encountered. His refusal to treat his 78 step-mother as retailiation for no longer being able to care for his father shows a total lack of compassion and maturity.

August 24th, 2016
New Doctor - What a Joy
I was a little nervous going to a new doctor but Dr Follo and his staff made me feel very comfortable. He took time to discuss my medical history in detail and was extremely pleasant. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great doctor.

May 13th, 2015
Patient for 5 years - great doctor but office isn't run efficiently.
Doctor Follo is great and really spends time with his patients. The downside of going to him is the manner in which the office is run. There hasn't been a time where I haven't waited less than 45 minutes in the waiting room (with an appointment) and then additional time in the examining room waiting for him. It really turns out to be a 1.5-2 hour visit most of the time. It is also very hard to get an appointment when you need it - in a time of sickness, etc. I really like going to him for the attention he gives and I honestly don't think he realizes just how inefficient the office is run. For instance, I was a couple of minutes early for my appointment and a person walked in behind me who was 20 minutes late for theirs. You would think that I should be taken first, since I was on time and checked in first, but they opted to take the other person first while I waited and additional 45 minutes. There just seems to be a total lack of consideration for their clients time.

January 26th, 2015
Great doctor!
I went to Dr. Follo for the first time this year. The visit went great, I haven't been to a doctor in years because of bad experiences. He and his staff were all very friendly. They squeezed me in with ease. After seeing the doctor I feel relieved. I will absolutely be referring my family to him. Thank you Dr. Follo!

January 19th, 2015
Doctor Joseph Follo cannot be trusted when you're sick.
Even if you're a current patient who always has paid and come in for semi-annual routine visits for 3+ years, even if you're very sick, he will not see you unless you if your insurance has changed and you do not have cash in hand. As a family, having just experienced this with a bad case of the flu, we conclude it is all about money and the patient can suck wind. We are done with him. Can't imagine his response if one of us were taken to the emergency room and he were called. Probably something like "How mush cash is in his pocket" as you lie there bleeding on the table.

December 18th, 2014
Do not go try to go to this doctor if you are sick. He only wants to see you if you are healthy otherwise they turn you away.

June 13th, 2013
Glad I found him
I was seen by Dr. Follo in the hospital after having had surgery on my spine. Upon follow up at his office, Dr Follo found out I had some issues my previous doctor was not addressing. I was surprised at how much better I feel now that everything is under control. The nurse and receptionist were so kind and understanding as if I had known them for years, quite overwhelming. Thanks for being there when I needed you and look forward to many years to come!!!!

June 12th, 2013
The Best Doctor I Know
Dr. Follo has been my primary care doctor for nearly two years now and I can honestly say that my family and I have never had a problem with him or his office staff. They are always so welcoming and friendly with every phone call or office visit I've ever had. Never once has Dr. Follo been unprepared or disorganized during any of my visits. He is always so knowledgeable about any issues that I present to him and if there is something he is not sure about, he makes it his priority to get me an answer to any question I may have as soon as possible. He makes sure to spend as much time with his patients as needed and never tries to rush me. He listens to everything that I have to tell him and always makes me feel comfortable. ALSO, I notice that the person below me has some hurtful things to say and my two sense is that it is the responsibility of the patients to contact their insurance companies to find out doctors that take their insurance, NOT the responsibility of Dr. Follo. It disgusts me that some people have the audacity to make comments like that about such a caring person. He has NEVER misdiagnosed me, any one in my family, or any one else that I know goes to see him. He keeps us all healthy and any patient who has the pleasure of having him as their doctor should know that they are in great hands. I would recommend this doctor to every one I know and I trust him with my life...literally.

June 5th, 2013
HORRIBLE
Bad office hours. says "Office times may vary" on the answering machine- If you're a doctor, you're supposed to give your patients a time frame to work around their schedules as well. Long office waits. If appt is at 1pm, do not get expected to be seen until at least 2pm. Does not like to give patients options of seeing other doctors or second opinions. Does not listen to patient for their symptoms. Office staff loves to gossip about scandals and patients when they are currently being seen by the doctor. Does not even look over patient folder before seeing patient: unprepared and shows how little he cares. Loses paperwork and you have to make sure they received everything. Do not ask for other doctors from him, has no list of references to offer, and does not look any up ahead of time if patient requests or needs a specialist. Look them up yourself. Also look up your symptoms on Google, you would have a better chance at diagnosing yourself than being diagnosed by him. Would NEVER recommend him to a friend, nor even an enemy of mine.

January 22nd, 2013
I love Dr Follo! He is so caring and never rushes me. He staff is awesome.