Dr. Joseph Freiberg MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 29th, 2010
RN, MSN
Met him when he covered for another MD during my grandmother's terminal hospitalization. Intelligent, caring, he helped me uphold her final wishes in the face of a business as usual Hospital staff. When I was diagnosed with diabetes 10 years ago, I chose him for my primary MD. He has worked with me tirelessly despite my sometimes inattentive self-care; searched for affordable alternatives when my insurance changed; made outstanding referrals, and carefully monitored me overall during hospitalizations, when the specialists were busy attending more to their specialties than my overall health.He spends nearly an hour with each patient in this one doctor, family-staffed clinic- don't get him going about factory medicine in large corporate practices- so you will have a wait when you get an appointment. Bring a book; he's worth it.

March 25th, 2010
this doc is worth the wait, he saved my life
I first met Dr. Freiberg when admitted from the ER on a weekend. He is very intelligent and caring. Demands that the hospital staff treat you as if you are the only patient in the building! I had been poisoned systematically by another doctor who kept over prescribing medications for me, I was bleeding out. That was 2002. He is my primary care doc now. He does a mini physical each time he sees me, he even does his own BP. He spends 45 minutes to and hour if needed to document all my needs. I always call ahead to see if he is running late so I will know to not rush. He has 2 nights a week that he is open late (to 7 or 8pm). His nurse is wonderful, but don't cross the receptionist! (Wife). They are both from New York, so if you can just relax and take her with a grain of salt, then you'll be fine. THIS DOCTOR SAVED MY LIFE. I will never leave him as long as I can stay with his practice.

April 24th, 2015