Overall Review

3.4

July 29th, 2015
Dr Joe McCarthy did my primary 25 years ago (I'm...
Dr Joe McCarthy did my primary 25 years ago (I'm 46 yrs old now.) Was supposed to be a simple procedure of shaving down my bone b/c my only problem was a Greek hump, not severe, but it bothered me. He did shave it down (not scooped, did an ok job) BUT left me with severely uneven/asymmetric nostrils. He apologized, said that there's nothing he could do & sent me to Dr Nicholas Tabbal in NYC as the 'go to' revision guy. 14 months post-primary I consulted with Tabbal and he was shocked at my McCarthy nose. Dr Tabbal said it could be fixed to a certain extent but never will it be 'good', rather an 'improvement.' I opted not to go thru w/revision bc I didn't want an open surgery w/a scar which is what Tabbal said he would do. Now, I'm desperate to fix my nose bc gravity has taken its toll and my nose tip is deformed w/significant nostril asymmetry and bizarre deep tip bifidity. I've been depressed and haven't stopped thinking about my nose for 25 yrs. I deeply regret my primary and specifically poor choice in Dr McCarthy. He was uncaring, aloof, reminded me that rhinoplasty is elective w/no guarantees .... He ruined aspects of the last 25 years of my life.

August 16th, 2012
Dr Mccarthy did orgnathic surgery many years ago and continue to suffer -he misdiagnosed me , did the wrong surgery creating a jaw malrelation and his surgery created a malunion-a significant fracture and destruction of the nasal floor-he knew about mobility but never told me or my prosthodontist till years later and I suffered brutally lost all maxillary teeth,created tmj and severe maloclusal problems as i was a skeletal clss 111 but he diagnosed me as class 1

November 15th, 2011
Wonderful Dr.
Very caring doctor and very compassionate. He spent time with me and answered all my questions and my husbands questions about our daughter diagnoses. While we were very worried and wanted to make sure we were making the correct choice for our daughter. He was able to explain it to us and not treat us as stupid people. I would highly recommend this doctor.