Dr. Joseph Giannobile MD Patient Reviews

May 20th, 2016
Very thorough; quite competent; willingness to defer to other specilaties when appropriate

January 2nd, 2015
Never met a more caring doctor! His bedside manner is unheard of! amazing!

November 12th, 2014
Never Been Dismissed by a Doctor Before
I have used Dr Giannobile since he began his practice in Monroe. i have found him to be very thorough and concerned. He is young and his bedside manner leaves some room for improvement, but I was willing to accept that because I trusted his expertise in his field. I had noticed that he seemed to have a problem keeping the same receptionist and other help, but this was not a concern to me. I had an appointment with him on Nov. 4. I had spoken to his receptionist several times in the past few weeks and not once did she bother to tell me they had moved from 920 Oliver Rd to a new office on Tower Drive. So naturally I went to the old office where there was a single sign outside saying the entire office building had relocated to an address on Tower Drive. I went there only to learn that he didn;t follow them there; her built his own office. The receptionist was nice enough to call them for me to locate the new office. Upon arrival, there were no other patients waiting to be seen. I asked the receptionist why they had not let me know about their move, and she replied, "Well, you found us, didn't you? So what's the problem?" When I tried to speak to him about the same issue, his response was identical to hers. At check-out, he informed me that I was no longer a patient of his because he didn't appreciate the way I had spoken to his staff. A couple of days later, I received a registered letter again informing me that I was no longer his patient. I am not angry or upset and will go to Shreveport to find my next doctor, but I cannot imagine a doctor not being proud enough of his new office not to inform his patients, call them, or send out a postcard telling of the move. And then to get upset with the patient for questioning him and his receptionist is unbelievable. My concern is that the younger generation of doctors may not display the same concern and personal interest in his/her patients that the older generations of doctors do. I hold my doctors in high esteem, and they have always shown genuine concern and interest in me and my health.

July 17th, 2014
Happy with this visit
Very personably and thorough.

May 1st, 2013
Horrible Bed Side Manner
I have had nothing but trouble with the receptionist from the start. She is rude and disrespectful and lacks human resource skills in order to work properly with clients. Recently, she argued for 10 minutes with me about an appointment my daughter had scheduled for June. She claimed it was in April. I never received a reminder call or a voice mail or any sort of reminder if this was true. Besides the fact, I had the reminder card in MY hand that clearly stated the appointment was in June. The point is the client is always right. Not only did she argue with me about the appointment, but also the fact that she claimed she called to remind me (which never happened). This is not the first time this has happened, only the last. I will never bring my kids back here. Dr. Giannoble is a good doctor. You can tell he is fresh because his people skills are still a little lacking. However, his ability to practice medicine is fantastic. We are leaving the practice based solely on my multiple awful experiences with the receptionist.

October 11th, 2012
Never rushes through the visit.
My son began seeing Dr. Giannobile at around 10 months of age. He has been extremely thorough when testing for his allergies. He takes time to explain everything and to answer all questions you may have without making you feel like he is in a hurry to get to the next patient. Any time my son has had bloodwork results, he calls personally to go over them with me. I feel he is a very competent doctor. He doesn't just throw some medication at you and send you on your way, like another doctor in the area. I really feel like he only medicates when necessary and tries to find the underlying cause rather than just treat the symptoms, which is extremely important to me. I definitely recommend him to anyone in need of an allergist.

July 14th, 2012
Very through
he takes the time to investigate or question the symptoms and eliments involved for the purpose of acurate diagnosis.