Dr. Joseph Gira MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Saint Louis, MO

January 15th, 2016
Was told I was a "perfect candidate" for upgraded lenses - out of pocket $7,000.00. Would only need readers for very tiny print. Never saw the surgeon at any visit after surgeries. Although I kept saying I couldn't see clearly, went undiagnosed with a serious complication for six months afterwards until I went to another dr. My end result is that I am out $7,000 and wearing tri-focal glasses to be able to see.

July 10th, 2015
Low rating for dishonesty
Dr. Gira and staff pressured my relative into purchasing an expensive intra ocular lens (IOL) upgrade for her cataract surgery. Luckily we got a second opinion that said that the expensive (about $3000) upgrade was totally unnecessary and got the money back. This is a common practice to pressure elderly into buying something they don't need. BEWARE!!

April 8th, 2015
Great opthamologist!
Dr. Gira has excellent bedside manner and shows compassion through being a good listener. He spent time with us before doing ICL to be sure we understood all of our options and left us feeling confident about the decision to have this surgery. He is an excellent doctor and deserves acknowledgment.

June 28th, 2014
STAY AWAY
I was set up with this doctor by optometrist. I didn't meet the doctor until I was having the surgery and never saw him again. I wasn't even given the chance to see the surgeon after surgery. Even if I was, he is OVER 2 HOURS away! I think the optometrist gets a kickback from him.

October 17th, 2013
Don't trust him
I had one eye operated on recently. My eye doctor sent me to him because he was a so-called "specialist." I never met the doctor until he was operating on my eye and never saw him again afterward. My eye continued to hurt for days and my vision was very poor! A local eye surgeon took care of my problem very quickly. Stay away!

April 9th, 2012
Doctor great, office terrible
THey say they phone hours are 8:30 - 4:30, but they are closed @ 4:15. I asked to pay entire bill while I was there because they usually send me a bill for $6 after the fact, the girl got an attitude and told me she only checks patients out, she doesn't do the billing. My family and I have seen Dr Yoselevsky, Dr Lee, Dr Sullivan, Dr Gira and Dr Donahoe and we all feel that the doctors are great, the office sucks.

May 7th, 2010
Top Doc!
Dr. Gira has taken care of myself and my family for many years. I wouldn't trust my eyes to any other surgeon. His knowledgeable and professional attitiude sets him apart from all others.

May 5th, 2010
Wonderful!
Dr. Gira saved my eyesight! He is a gifted surgeon and did what many other doctors thought was impossible. We are lucky to have doctors such as him around!!