Dr. Joseph Gira Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Gira?

Diabetic Macular Edema

Diabetic Macular Edema

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Gira?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 15th, 2017

Wonderful physician!

January 15th, 2016

Was told I was a "perfect candidate" for upgraded lenses - out of pocket $7,000.00. Would only need readers for very tiny print. Never saw the surgeon at any visit after surgeries. Although I kept saying I couldn't see clearly, went undiagnosed with a serious complication for six months afterwards until I went to another dr. My end result is that I am out $7,000 and wearing tri-focal glasses to be able to see.

July 11th, 2015

Low rating for dishonesty

Dr. Gira and staff pressured my relative into purchasing an expensive intra ocular lens (IOL) upgrade for her cataract surgery. Luckily we got a second opinion that said that the expensive (about $3000) upgrade was totally unnecessary and got the money back. This is a common practice to pressure elderly into buying something they don't need. BEWARE!!

April 8th, 2015

Great opthamologist!

Dr. Gira has excellent bedside manner and shows compassion through being a good listener. He spent time with us before doing ICL to be sure we understood all of our options and left us feeling confident about the decision to have this surgery. He is an excellent doctor and deserves acknowledgment.

June 29th, 2014

STAY AWAY

I was set up with this doctor by optometrist. I didn't meet the doctor until I was having the surgery and never saw him again. I wasn't even given the chance to see the surgeon after surgery. Even if I was, he is OVER 2 HOURS away! I think the optometrist gets a kickback from him.

October 17th, 2013

Don't trust him

I had one eye operated on recently. My eye doctor sent me to him because he was a so-called "specialist." I never met the doctor until he was operating on my eye and never saw him again afterward. My eye continued to hurt for days and my vision was very poor! A local eye surgeon took care of my problem very quickly. Stay away!

April 9th, 2012

Doctor great, office terrible

THey say they phone hours are 8:30 - 4:30, but they are closed @ 4:15. I asked to pay entire bill while I was there because they usually send me a bill for $6 after the fact, the girl got an attitude and told me she only checks patients out, she doesn't do the billing. My family and I have seen Dr Yoselevsky, Dr Lee, Dr Sullivan, Dr Gira and Dr Donahoe and we all feel that the doctors are great, the office sucks.

November 16th, 2011

I am very happy with Dr Gira

May 7th, 2010

Top Doc!

Dr. Gira has taken care of myself and my family for many years. I wouldn't trust my eyes to any other surgeon. His knowledgeable and professional attitiude sets him apart from all others.

May 6th, 2010

Wonderful!

Dr. Gira saved my eyesight! He is a gifted surgeon and did what many other doctors thought was impossible. We are lucky to have doctors such as him around!!

July 17th, 2017