A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Gorman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Gorman is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gorman
Coronary Heart Disease Patient Education Learn about coronary heart disease or CHD, and heart attack symptoms and prevention with our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Gorman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Gorman, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Blood Clot (Thrombosis)
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Disease
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Esophageal Diseases
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Diseases
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Myocardial Infarction
Education & Awards
Dr. Gorman graduated from UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson, Piscataway. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Gorman has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
- Hospital of the University of PA
- University of Penn Med Center-Presb Med Group
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph H Gorman MD is a male Surgeon, has 20 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Joseph H. Gorman practice?
- Dr. Joseph Gorman has 3 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Gorman practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.