Orthopedic Surgeons, Sports Medicine Specialist
24255 Thirteen Mile Rd
Suite 100
Franklin, MI 48025
248-988-8085
Locations and availability (3)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  I cannot recommend him!  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2014

They will not allow you to be honest in these reviews, so let me just say I cannot recommend him; he has no compassion for his patients! I would give negative stars if it were possible.

|  Barkley Surgeries  |  show details
by Barkley on Sep 2nd, 2013

I am very satisfied with Dr.G after my son at 16 ruptured his Patella Tendon Dr. G was positive and supportive of my son. My son is now in his junior year in college AND is a student athlete at Grand Valley State University. I've also had two surgeries as well and he's been wonderful !

|  patients  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2013

I agree with everyone else Dr is full of himself and does not listen to the patients. He is more concerned in doing his radio/internet gigs then care about his patients. I dont doubt he knows his stuff but would not want him dealing with me ever again... found another dr that cares and is just as good if not better than dr guettler and he cares about his patients way more!!!!!!

by Frank on Feb 14th, 2013

big ego. Not very friendly. Would not recommend

Nov 3rd, 2012

Dr. Guettler is a great surgeon he came highly recommended from a friend of mine. I was having a lot of pain in my knee and he said it was from over use and to take it easy for a while. He gave me a few samples of Voltaren Gel to help with the inflammation. It worked, if I have pain again or ever require surgery I will without a doubt be going back to see him. His staff is wonderful from the front office to the girls in the back.

|  Doesn't seem to care about his patients!  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

As many patients have already remarked, this guy has a big ego, and he does not listen to his patients. He'd rather tell you how good everything is than than to listen to you explain what's ailing you, because hearing that you still have problems after surgery does nothing for his enormous ego. I wouldn't recommend him at all.

|  Doesn't seem to care about his patients!  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

As many patients have already remarked, this guy has a big ego, and he does not listen to his patients. He'd rather tell you how good everything is than than to listen to you explain what's ailing you, because heating that you still have problems after surgery does nothing for his enormous ego. I wouldn't recommend him at all.

|  Latest Use of Technology  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2012

Dr. Guettler order appropiate MRI and quickly diagnosed my rotator cuff tear. I will require surgery. He talked about injecting a blood plasma (my own blood) into the wound after the surgery to help speed recovery. This technique is still a bit experimental but has no neg. effects. I like the fact Dr. Guettler stays up to date with latest medical advances and he has great experience with local university sports teams.

|  No bedside manner and very egotistical  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

This DR was absolutely mean when we visited. He did not want to be bothered with draining a knee as he was a "orthopedic surgeon" and "draining a knee is nurses work". When draining the knee he was not caring at all...he hurt me very badly where other orthopedic surgeons did not when I have had my knee drained. SO, to all that may read this ...don't expect any compassion, caring, or bedside manners. Expect pain, and a very condescending attitude.

|  Arthritis  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2011

Dr. Guettler has helped me out with my arthritic knee pain. Quick and to the point - he knows what he is talking about. He is now helping me out with an arthritic rotator cuff. I will probably have surgery and would not go to anyone else.

|  disappointed  |  show details
May 17th, 2011

I am very disappointed in this surgeon. I had ACL reconstruction 2 years ago and I have been having problems with my knee recently. I went to see him and he told me that I just needed to go to therapy and he ordered an MRI. He called me back with the results telling me everything looked great. I was not content with this diagnosis with as much pain as I was in. I went to another highly recommended surgeon and he told me that my ACL was indeed loose and that it looks as if I have a tear in my medial meniscus. He also recommeneded surgery. How do you go to two highly ranked doctors, with the same MRI, and get two different outcomes? I went to both of these doctors before I had my first surgery and they both had the same diagnosis then. I am shocked.

|  Great Surgeon/Dr  |  show details
by H Kornblum on Nov 4th, 2010

This guy was unbelievable. Fast, accurate, fun. my surgery was a huge success. I only use Drs that do professional athletes and this guy is great

Mar 9th, 2010

Very easy to get in, not a long wait time. I want a doctor that is sure of himself and good at his job, but I have a hard time with his arrogance. That's just me personally. Otherwise everything else is great.