A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Gugenheim:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Gugenheim is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Gugenheim, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Congenital Hip Dysplasia
- Congenital Limb Deformities
- Fibrous Dysplasia of Bone
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Ilizarov Technique (Limb Lengthening)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Gugenheim graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Gugenheim has 7 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gugenheim accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 1 plan
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 15 plans
- Humana - 13 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph J. Gugenheim practice?
Dr. Joseph Gugenheim practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Houston, TX.
See Houston Orthopedic Surgeons.