A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Friedman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Friedman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Friedman, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 29 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Basal Ganglia Diseases
- Brain Injuries
- Cognition Disorders
- Conversion Disorder
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Drug-Induced Dyskinesia
- Dystonic Disorders
- Essential Tremor
- Huntington Disease
- Lewy Body Disease
- Machado-Joseph Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neurologic Gait Disorders
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Friedman graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Friedman has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Rhode Island Hospital
- Kent County Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Joseph H Friedman MD is a male Neurologist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Neurology.
- Where does Dr. Joseph H. Friedman practice?
- Dr. Joseph Friedman has 2 office locations.
Dr. Joseph Friedman practices Neurology near Providence, RI.
See Providence Neurologists.