A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Schwab:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Schwab is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Schwab, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Schwab graduated from Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago.
Dr. Schwab has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mass General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schwab accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 5 plans
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph H. Schwab practice?
Dr. Joseph Schwab practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine near Boston, MA.
See Boston Surgeons.