Dr. Joseph Yi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Yi?

August 9th, 2017

one word.....disrespectful!

I called Dr. Yi about employment opportunities at Newtown Behavioral Health and he very rudely asked me if I wanted the office manager's phone number. When I asked for the office manager's voicemail, he gave me attitude and then hung up on me. I was shocked!!!

March 7th, 2017

Great Doctor

Hi Dr. Yi I'm writing you because this time last year I was in a terrible place. Thanks to my time inpatient at Princeton I was able to pull myself together, but it is you that I must thank for pushing me forward. From our conversations together I was able to readjust my focus and figure out how I could move on. I am so thankful for that, for helping me no longer need my medication, and so much more. I finished my fall semester (first semester back at school) and made the Dean's list. I'm back now working hard this spring semester and after this I'll only have one semester standing between me and my degree. Thank you and I wish you all the best.

October 20th, 2016

One Stop Shop for Well-being

Dr. Yi is very knowledgeable and listens to your needs. He will work with you to create an all around wellness plan which includes meds, nutrition, and exercise. He is not only a good doctor, but is in "the know" about natural remedies to possibly ditch the meds. Dr. Yi not only listens but follows up with you after any critical med changes and is always available to you via text or call to his personal cell phone (impressive). Amy is a nutritionist and LCSW (therapist) who is great at both. Between Dr. Yi and Amy I have stopped drinking, gotten my anxiety under control and lost 40+ lbs. Their dietary recommendations are simple and ultra effective. The support staff is very friendly, and will take care of all your needs from insurance to a great cup of coffee. If you are ready for a positive lifestyle change, this is the place to go!

August 11th, 2016

Dr. Yi is the best at what he does. I saw him for six months. He has his method and he sticks to it, and if you do as well, you'll be doing great. I kind of miss hashing it out on his couch sometimes, his office is easily the nicest I've ever seen, it's a very comfortable place.

April 23rd, 2016

Great start so far

Amazing Doctor! Dr Yi made sure that my family and i understood the detoxification process, the pros and cons of being on medication, and how he can help assist me on reaching my goals. He also is an amazing psychiatrist who uses nutrition, supplements, exercise, and meditation almost like a prescription. i would recommend him to anyone who is looking for an excellent psychiatrist and addiction doctor. only complaint would be promptness, but still worth the wait to see a quality doctor who actually cares

March 1st, 2016

Excellent

Prior to Dr. Yi, I had been seeing another Dr. who prescribed me 20mg/day of Suboxone. I didn't agree with the treatment and antics of this Dr. so I decided to research highly rated addiction specialists which is where I came across Dr. Yi. Dr. Yi reviewed my medication history and immediately recognized I was being over-medicated. His outside the box thinking and ability to adapt to the everchanging needs of his patients truly makes him one-of-a-kind. Dr. Yi helped to reduce my dose from 20mg/day to 2mg/day with very little discomfort. He understands my rigorous work schedule and alters treatment to fit my specific needs. If you are looking for a Dr. that truly understands what you are going through and has a legitimate passion for addiction and healthy living, Dr. Yi is your guy.

December 24th, 2015

Dr Yi is a Godsend and a rarity forget Today,Aldie, Livingrin and the rest

The most amazing Dr in the world of addiction medicine and recovery. Anyone struggling with these big centers with poor quality staff treating masses as all the same needs to go to Dr Yi now run don't walk save your life save your child's life go today he is a miracle worker a true healer and an inspiration in the world of recovery.

November 25th, 2015

I'm DONE!

Dr Yi came up with a very creative way to help me detox off of Suboxone. I am truly grateful for the time he spent with me during his off hours, motivating and encouraging me to become a better version of myself. I highly recommend seeing him if you are serious about your recovery

August 5th, 2015

I currently see Dr. Joseph Yi, MD. I haven't really felt comfortable seeing many doctors in the past but as soon as I met Dr. Yi, I felt at ease. He is really easy to talk to and generally cares about his patients. I would highly recommend him.

July 7th, 2015

I have written a review in the past for Dr. Yi, however I just wanted to add another considering without his willingness to work with me and my busy, crazy life, I wouldn't have come this far in my recovery process. What we need for our doctors changes as our recovery grows and he has always adjusted his schedule to accomadate mine whether it's concerning appointment changes or prescription questions. I would strongly recommend this doctor to anyone who is serious about their recovery!

May 29th, 2015

A Great Physician Who Actually Knows What He's doing!

Dr. Yi is by far one of the most qualified experts in his field. I did my homework when finding the best physician for my specific needs. He exceeds expectations and is an asset to the medical community. In my line of work I cannot afford to trust my care to just anyone. He is compassionate and has his patient's best interest at heart. I would refer family and friends to his care.

May 29th, 2015

Dr yi changed my life for the better.

Dr yi is probably the best doctor I've ever been to and I've seen many other doctors for my issue and never worked out. unlike other doctors he actually wants you to get better I feel like the other addiction doctors I've been to don't care as much about my best interest they only wanted my business doctor yi isn't like that at all and because of him I'm doing better than ever in my life now and I owe him so much for that he's great a guy and he actually listens to what u have to say unlike most of the other doctors I've been too. I've referred alot my my friends that have the same problem I had and they all say the same thing about him. I don't know where I'd be now if it wasn't for him so if anybody is reading this and is trying to make a decision on joining his program I highly recommend it because he changed my life for the better and he's done the same thing for alot of my friends. Everything you can ask for in a doctor.