Dr. Joseph Haraszti MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

September 24th, 2015
Dr. Haraszti was the first doctor that gave me the correct diagnosis. I've been telling my regular md's that there is something wrong with me for over 20 years, but they "thought it was all in my head". Ha ha! It really was! I'm bipolar, manic depressed, compulsive (call me irresponsible). I was a mess and in trouble. Haraszti came to my rescue. He is a hero.

February 22nd, 2014
Prescribed Allergy Medication even though he's not trained in such a field
He diagnosed me first with depression. 2 months later he changed it to bipolar disorder. He prescribed Zoloft, Zyprexa (don't know why he did this, I wasn't having psychotic thoughts nor exhibiting psychotic behavior), Depakote, and Lithium at one point. He also prescribed Claritin, even though he's not trained in human allergies.

September 12th, 2012
Overprescribed medication
Haraszti was my son's MD at Las Encinas hospital. After overprescribing medication,my son was taken to the ER where it was determined that he had had an adverse reaction to the drugs Haraszti prescribed. Sent bact to Las Encinas, Harazti prescribed the same medsa and the next day my son was found dead in his hospital room from the drugs prescribed by Harazti.He was discioplined by the Medical Board and is now on probation because of his negligent and improper acts. Do not go to this MD.

August 30th, 2012
Wasn't going to...but was so displeased I felt I had to.
I have to agree that I felt similar to these other people, and I was relieved to see that I wasn't the only one who felt this way...I don't feel I recieved the proper quality of care from this doctor. I also think that his tardiness was to the point of rediculous and blatent disrespect, sometimes in excess of 4-5-6 hours. His fee did seem high for the amount of time he spent with me, and often he was distracted by his coffee,receptionist,drug suppliers,etc...disorganized, but I guess the fee is at his descretion...I will have to agree I felt like he was not really that concerned about what I was telling him and he did seem to be more about money also his solution was always more medications...which I had many times told him wasn't working for me. The real problem now is that I want to leave his care and I have asked for my medical records about 5 weeks ago so I can take them elsewhere.Since then I have called about it, 3 times, and also had a call from his office...still no records...He didn't want to provide them to me, only forward them so I can't wait to see what he wrote there. Anyways my honest opinion is that knowing Dr.Heraszti has been a bad experience for me.

June 24th, 2011
I will never, ever agin waste my gasoline to go see this arrogant Doctor. He really doesn't care about your problems. He is too busy talking about himself and then charges the patient $300/hr. He should retire!!!

January 10th, 2011
I've been seeing him off and on since 1988 and he's the smartest psych I've ever met. He also cares a great deal. Unfortunately, he's always terribly late, I think because he gives too much time to needy (in the psychiatric sense) people. I tolerate this for the above reasons.

July 11th, 2010
Horrible Doctor
I took my 16 year old son to him six months ago. First of all, it was very difficult to get an appointment with him. Initially, I thought that was a good sign that he must be good with what he does. What a mistake that was! I took my son out of school for that appointment, we ended waiting for more than four hours before we were seen. After a thirty minutes consultation, we walked out with a bipolar diagnosis and a prescription of four medications. He was very rude and condescending. His office also billed my insurance after I already paid for the visit out of pocket. I can totally see what the last reviewer said about him being greedy. We then went to another child psychiatrist and was diagnosed as depression instead of bipolar. My son is doing much better being on only one medication.

November 4th, 2009
complete waste of my time
I waited seven hours after my appointment before I was seen by him. Can't possibly understand why anyone would waste his money or time on this guy.

October 15th, 2009
the worst experince i had with any medical profession
He was highly recommended to me. It was very difficult to get an appointment. I waited for more than four hours after my appointment time in the waiting room before he even showed up to the office. Totally disrespecful for his patients. I am busy too. He was rude and so full of himself. I will never go back nor will I ever recommend him to anyone.

October 15th, 2009
Dr. Haraszti is one of the finest practitioners in his field. He trained at some of best Medical Schools in the U.S. and enjoys the respect of his patients and colleagues alike.Dr. Haraszti does not accept any HMO's, Medicare or Medical. He accepts PPO Plans, Indemnity plans and cash. While patients have to wait at times, this is due to the fact that he spends the time with each patient that they need. His charges are high, but he is the best. If you want the best, you have to pay for the quality. You have to decide as to what your health is worth to you.

February 4th, 2009
Get somebody else. Haraszti's bad news.
Dr. Haraszti gave my relative so many drugs to treat her drug dependence that she lost her once vibrant personality, and now sits around doing nothing all day. She may not be wasting away anymore, but she's hardly a picture of success. Furthermore, Dr. Haraszti's business office is horrible. They refuse to discuss potentially fake charges on his bills (amounting to thousands of $), and say, "You can try to ffight us, but no one has ever won." How professional. His colleagues will quietly talk of how he charges for fake office visits, but no individual has quite enough evidence or legal backing to put up a fight. These people are bad. Stay away!

December 31st, 2008
Dr Death
He should just stick to forensics and leave the living alone