2.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 7th, 2017
THANK YOU DR. HOGAN
I had run the gambit from my general practioner, to the ER, to an orthopedic surgeon, and back... Inhave a pinched nerve in my lower back which has caused numbness and horrible pain in my left thigh..I truly have never felt, the way I do after this experience, that the medical field to this point had abandoned me..NO help for pain given the crack down on opioids...was,told in the ER to take Tylenol which is like drinking water to me...upon the advice of my daughter, who is an RN, I decided to see a Neurologist..I saw Dr, Hogan..as far as I'm concerned, he saved me from this horrible experience...he was thorough, he listened, he put me on the right path to recovery...I feel better in his care than I have for two months...his advice and care has been excellent..I'm sorry others have not had the same experience with Dr. Hogan that I have had..I'm so very grateful for him...

February 24th, 2016
wife of patient
I just read most of the reviews. Its true that Dr. Hogan does not have the welcoming bedside manner that we have become used to wanting. We were told by my husbands referring doctor that Dr.Hogan can be a bit unusual this way. BUT...with most highly intelligent people you find they lack some people skills. Over the course of 2 years, we have come to know him as a caring doctor who knows his business. My recommendation is to give someone more than 1 office visit before judging.

May 10th, 2015
Avoid this doctor
Dr. Hogan is pompous and uncaring. He is patronizing and not really interested in finding the cause of the problem. A truly terrible experience.

April 14th, 2015
Dr Hogan has anger issues
On top of Dr Hogan ALWAYS being rude, he stormed out of my appt and came in with a letter that he went to type up when he could have been addressing my concerns as a patient, stating that I terminated our appt and he would no longer treat me as a patient. He scared my 3 year old daughter to the point that she started crying. Rude, scary, mean and unprofessional doctor. He shouldn't be allowed to interact with people at all with his nasty demeanor,

April 14th, 2015
DR. HOGAN IS THE WORST!!!
Dr. Hogan is a very rude neurologist with extremely poor bedside manner. He didn't take the time to follow up on my labs, scans or tests in relation to my my diagnosis. He seems to enjoy prescribing meds without looking into the cause of the issue. He doesn't answer my questions about the condition he diagnosed me with and seem to have anger and frustration issues...on top of honesty issues. Horrible doctor!!!!

March 30th, 2015
Don't waste your time.
I have been seeing Dr. Hogan since 2008. I have a neurological condition that I had surgery for and since then I've bee doing much better. I take medication as needed, which is rare. I called the office for a refill because the nearly full old bottle had expired. The nurse said that Dr. Hogan wanted to see me first. I explained that I was fine and that my co-pay to see him was $70 and plus I live an hour away. I wasn't nasty or anything like that. The day after I get a certified letter in the mail terminating my relationship with them because I didn't want to take off of work, drive an hour each way, and pay $70 for a refill on a medication I rarely take with no other symptoms. That is a really poor way to treat a patient. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

September 29th, 2014
Nightmare experience/unfortunately this review wold not allow zero stars.
I have never been treated so poorly by any doctor or human being. This is not a doc for adults. In a few concise words arrogant, cold, openly hostile when questioned. Became openly hostle when I said no to a med I had an allergic reaction to twice. Demanded I continue to take it despite a mouth full of blisters. Called names and was reprimanded for his behavior. Did not discharge me on meds I critically needed. His partner is my doc but I will no longer even go to a hospital that he may be covering for her at. I have a serious neurological condition that is life threatening when I have a crisis. I need a doc I can trust not the type of man that openly laughs at my tears and walks out of a meeting stating "he does not have time for me" his care for me was so negligent he discharged me without realizing I was having a autonomic nervous system response with a dangerously low blood pressure. Or maybe he did. My last experience with this monster. Hope others have better care. You will know if you see him he strongly resembles a angry Lurch,

December 5th, 2010
Highly Recommend Dr. Hogan
Dr.Joseph Hogan is an amazing doctor. He sees my daughter for seizures and Tourette's Syndrome. He is professional, caring, intelligent, and diligent. He has impeccable ethics and does everything necessary to care for my daughter.

August 11th, 2010
Best Neurologist I've Encountered
I highly recommend Dr. Hogan. Not only is he caring and gentle in his manner, his intelligence and knowledge is so very high. Dr. Hogan has cared for my daughter through seizures and Tourettes, and diagnosed both quickly and accurately. He ordered only the necessary tests. His staff are easy to get hold of. The office wait has always been minimal.

March 21st, 2010
I did not have a very good experience with this doctor. Will never go to him again. Will not give reason why because I may need to seek legal matters.

March 16th, 2017