A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Holahan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Holahan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Hematology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Holahan graduated from University of Florida, Gainesville.
Dr. Holahan has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Heart Hospital
- Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Holahan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 6 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph R. Holahan practice?
Dr. Joseph Holahan practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Hematology & Oncology near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Bandera, TX and Boerne, TX.
See San Antonio Internists, San Antonio Hematologists, and San Antonio Oncologists.