Dr. Joseph Hollis Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Hollis?

Posted on March 18th, 2015

Waited 3 months for a colonoscopy. Procedure cancelled day before. Still do not have a new date 3 weeks later.

old, dirty office

Posted on March 22nd, 2014

I will not be returning. Office was dirty and unkempt. Filthy, threadbare carpeting. Front desk area looked like a tornado went through it--not happy that I now have paperwork with social sec numbers on it lost in that mess. On a positive note, I really liked the nurse practitioner, who was pleasant, helpful, and patient with my questions. But based on the atmosphere, I will not be returning.

Unavailable Doctor

Posted on August 9th, 2012

After waiting a couple of weeks to receive an appointment for my referral, I showed up for my appointment with all of the necessary paperwork completed and proceeded to wait for over an hour and a half to see the doctor. The doctor never did show - I was seen by a pleasant nurse practitioner and left with a couple of chits for various tests I still wasn't sure I needed. And what I found a bit hypocritical is the fact that the paperwork I received from this office prior to my appointment included a letter about how important it was that I did not waste the doctor's or his staff's time by failing to show or showing up late for an appointment and how I would be assessed a $100 payment if I did. And if the above reason weren't enough, I would hesitate to recommend this physician based on the cleanliness of his facility alone. They need to invest in a broom.

lack of caring

Posted on June 27th, 2012

I was very upset when told at the end of the buisness day that I was to have my appointment bumped back an hour....Well the fact that I have been fasting for 24 hours did not help my level of happinesss. The wait is very long and its hard to get in to see the dr. when asked why I had to be bumped back it was due to an emergency. Seems to me emergencies get handled at the emergency room. Or If its that important the person gets in then shouldn't the dr be inconvienced like having to go in early or stay late instead of the patient being put out.... Just my opinion but if it wasn't for the fact I drank the nasty syrup needed to take the test I need I would have told this dr's office exactly what I think, instead if just letting them know I am letting everyone know. DON"T GO HERE!

Do not waste your time

Posted on May 10th, 2012

Dead flies on the dirty floor, trash cans overflowing, water cooler empty, unprofessional staff,nearly impossible to get through on the telephone,over a one hour wait and never did see the doctor, unreasonable paperwork (asked for names and ages of my siblings and parents), rusty exam tables, exam room doubled as a messy storage room, outdated equipment, and I never did get to see the doctor, only a practitioner. Luckily, my insurance company allowed me to go to a different doctor.

Great Doctor but....

Posted on July 30th, 2011

There is no doubt in my mind Dr. Hollis is a fabulous, well-educated and experienced doctor and teacher. The office staff is helpful and friendly, but they definitely overbook their patients. When you feel like crap and can't find a seat to sit in while waiting over an hour for your appt....then there is a real issue. Personally I think he is overworked and while I feel he does take the time to listen, you kind of feel a little rushed to get out of the office. He is a very caring man though, I can see why he has such long-standing, loyal patients. I do like what he is doing to try and help me so I will hang in there!!!

Don't see Dr. Hollis unless you have not other choice.

Posted on June 23rd, 2011

Dr. Hollis is never on time in seeing his patients. It is always a hour or longer after my appointment time before I am even called back to see him. He spends about 5 min. with me and says "see you in 6 months". I would not go to him except that my insurance company says he is the only one I can see.

Posted on June 2nd, 2011

Been seeing Dr. Hollis for 10 years now and has always been excellent and he keeps looking until he finds the cause of a problem not just treating symptoms.

OK...

Posted on April 12th, 2011

I switched GI specialists because I almost never saw the MD! Also, there were follow up recommendations in the record from a procedure that were never explained to me.

Posted on January 19th, 2011

Dr.Hollis is the first Gastroenterologist that I have found in this area that really cares. Dr.Hollis has always taken the time to listen to me and I never feel rushed. I don't mind waiting for my appointment because I know I will get the time that I need with him.Thank you to all who have been so kind and helpful to me when I needed them most.

Posted on December 27th, 2010

Very experienced and caring MD.

Posted on June 4th, 2009