Dr. Joseph Hooper Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Joseph Hooper?

December 15th, 2015

Terrible everytime smells like BO

acts like a penishead i gave him 5 stars for dickery

October 15th, 2015

Very good doctor

Having just moved here a few months ago, I did not have a PCP. Dr. Hooper had the least 'new patient wait time' so I made an appt. with him. I was a little skeptical after reading reviews about him but personally, I like him a lot. He spent a lot of time just talking to me, complimenting me on my honesty about my health history. He is very dry and not very warm and fuzzy but hey, I got blankets for that! He is not a hand holder and I like that about him. He was quick but thorough. He gave me all the time I needed to ask him questions and I look forward to seeing him again. I'm so glad I found him and I will recommend him to anyone who asks about a PCP. Also, his nurse, Lace, is awesome! Like him, she had all the time in the world for my questions and she is very gentle (I won't tell anyone how I got the bruise, Lace!). I hope Dr. Hooper gives her a BIG Christmas bonus.

March 25th, 2015

Rude doctor.

I waited in his room for 30 minutes before he walked in. He was rude. He literally glanced at me and gave me a diagnosis, muttering it out of the corner of his mouth. When I asked him to repeat it and explain he gave attitude. He prescribed antibiotics but when i asked for different solutions he told me he wasn't going to "Waste his time" since I had no insurance at the time (I have it now. I was recently divorced and was in the process of getting covered). I will NEVER see him again. Don't waste your time.

October 25th, 2014

New Patient Appointment

I remember 2 years ago when I went and saw him for my appendix and he was the most sweet genuine caring guy until yesterday when I took my boyfriend to see him and he had the worst attitude ever. I thought very highly of him and referred many people to see him and now I think otherwise. He came in the room with an attitude and sat down threw his hands up with a sigh and said what can I do for you. He talked very rude to my boyfriend whom was the patient and before leaving he told us that he would not loose any sleep over him!!!!

June 28th, 2012

Patient Care

As someone who has seen Dr. Hooper on numerous occasions, I feel that he has a dry personality that contributes to his poor bedside manner. Depending on the appointment time, he does rush patients. He is quick, and I feel that he is thorough. I would suggest seeing a couple of different providers at the group before deciding on one. The support staff there is friendly and helpful!

December 9th, 2011

AVOID

-As someone who has been in the healthcare field for years, I have worked with a fair share of doctors. As a patient, hands down I think Dr. Hooper is one of the least caring and less knowledgeable physicians I have been around. Well, maybe it's because my appointment was on a Friday afternoon. Wait, last I checked the quality of the care you receive should not depend on what time of the day it is. If you want higher quality care (and your money's worth) please don't waste your time with Dr. Joseph Hooper.

May 24th, 2011

VHVery Pleasede Listened To Me.

Dr. Hooper asked questions and listened to my complaint. He viewed and made recommendations so fare as the meds that were previously given to me by a prior doctor. He prescribed meds for me, and encouraged me to let him know of any complications should any surface. He showed compassion. In essence, I find no problem with Dr. Hooper and am most thankful that I have him as a doctor.

October 11th, 2010

Worst Doc that I have ever been to. Misdiagnosed my herniated disc as hip bursitis. Gave me a strong NSAID and didn't perscribe stomach meds (which is standard) so now I have muliple health issues and sent me to a specialist who is semiretired because of how poor he does. This guy should not be practicing medicine.

March 24th, 2010

a WASTE of time and money!

His bedside manner is HORRIBLE! I went in with pnuemonia and a stomach virus. After he looked over my chart briefly he said "Oh you have a stomach virus too..Great." and then proceeded to cover his mouth the rest of my visit. He does not look at you when he talks to you and acts like he doesn't want to touch or come near you and just trys to rush you out the door. Any time you try to discuss something with him he cuts you off. You leave his office feeling worse because not only are you sick but now you've just wasted money and time on him and received no help. His office staff and nurse were great! He could definatly use a good lesson from them on how to care for a patient. I will never go back to him again and I suggest that if you are sick not to waste your time either!

January 27th, 2010

Highly Recommend

Although the receptionist was a bit rude, Dr. Hooper made up for it with his kind bedside manner and knowledgeability.

August 30th, 2009

Horrible bedside manner

My usual GP was unable to see me for a last-minute appointment, but another physician in the group, Dr. Hooper, was available. Warning: if you have any anxiety surrounding doctor visits, stay FAR away from this man. His bedside manner was cold and he was very unhelpful and not receptive to my questions or concerns. When I left the office, I felt that he hadn't heard a word I had said. His main concern was getting me in and out of the office as quickly as possible. In order to get information regarding my condition and its treatment, I had to ask many questions in order to coax information out of him-- information that I felt should have been offered as the absolute minimum requirement of his job. Luckily, I had done a fair amount of research on my condition before my appointment, so I knew which questions to ask. I worry that the next person may not be so lucky. Please choose your doctors responsibly, and trust your instincts. If someone makes you feel like you are putting them out for asking them to do their job, don't accept this. I have seen 2 other physicians at this group, and they have been fantastic and wonderful to work with. The office staff is always polite and helpful. Overall, it is a great place, however Dr. Hooper is definitely the weakest link.

April 26th, 2017