Dr. Joseph Housel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 12th, 2016
Trucker
Staff outstanding, Dr.Houssel personally called me at home after surgery to see how I was doing.

August 27th, 2016
Dr Housel is excellent. He cares, and does not give up. The condition that I have, i have had for 20 PLUS YEARS, until now. no relief. Dr. Housel tried many different things over the past several years, until he found Something that really worked. He keeps up on every thing that comes out in this field. Watches his patients closely, I feel like I have my life back. His staff is top notch. and I can't say enough good things about this practice, his staff, and also Elizabeth Johnson his very capable PA.

March 18th, 2016
The best derm doc in Syracuse!
Hands down the best experience I have had with a doctor's office ever. The doctor, the staff, the facility, all top notch, excellent service, great treatment by the doc and his staff. Possibly the shortest wait time I have ever had with a medical professional. Highly recommended!

May 12th, 2015
Great Office
My visit with Dr. Housel as well as Liz the PA was terrific. She initially came in to see me, and he followed up with me during the visit . I was concerned about a dark mole on my back. He took a biopsy right then, and after getting the results of skin cancer I am scheduled for surgery. They both seemed to have a great bed side manner. I have already booked appointments for my 3 children to have their skin checked also.

November 23rd, 2014
I went to Dr. Housel after a practitioner at another office looked at a spot on my face and said it was skin cancer. I wanted a second opinion and I am so happy that I saw him. He is the most compassionate and knowledgeable physician that I have ever seen. The staff was great as well. Thank goodness Dr. Housel decided to open an office in Syracuse.

May 3rd, 2014
I was recently referred to Dr. Housel from Binghamton for Mohs Surgery on a basal cell carcinoma on my nose. The staff was very pleasant when setting up the appointment and explained the surgery to me very thoroughly. When I arrived at the office I was met by Maureen the receptionist who greeted me with a pleasant smile. When I met the doctor he immediately put me at ease and again explained exactly what he was going to be doing. At each step he spoke about what he was going to be doing and distracted me with interesting conversation during the entire procedure. When he was done I could not believe how much better an experience I imagined surgery could be and I believe it is because of the amazing care I received at Housel Dermatology. I would recommend Dr. Housel to my friends and especially my family. He is a top notch doctor.

May 2nd, 2014
Very professional and knowledgeable! It was a pleasure, I will be sure to come back and refer everyone I know!

May 31st, 2017