A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Joseph Hughes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Joseph Hughes is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Joseph Hughes, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
Education & Awards
Dr. Hughes graduated from Georgetown University, Washington.
Dr. Hughes has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Little Falls Hospital
- Bassett Healthcare O'Connor
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hughes accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 50 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Joseph M. Hughes practice?
Dr. Joseph Hughes practices Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Cooperstown, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Norwich, NY and Cobleskill, NY.
See Cooperstown Internists and Cooperstown Endocrinologists.