Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Dec 19th, 2014

Exudes confidence without being arrogant. Communicates well with patient.

Wonderful human being show details Wonderful human being
by Marilyn and Rick Bell on Aug 22nd, 2014

One very caring and outstanding physician.

by Greg Brown on Jun 21st, 2014

Dr. Maguire a wonderful doctor show details Dr. Maguire a wonderful doctor
by W. Kenneth Thorpe on Oct 9th, 2013

The wait time in his office was about an hour but their were things to do before I saw the doctor. His very kind and explains carefully what he is doing. His staff is great and very helpful. All he has done for me is positive and very helpful, I would and have recommended him. He's a great doctor!

Dr. Maguire show details Dr. Maguire
by Barbara DeBouno on Oct 9th, 2013

Dr. Maguire is awesome. He treats his patients with such respect. My dad and I have been patients and my dad is 89 years old. Dr. Maguire makes my dad feel special and doesn't treat him like an "old man". He explains everything to you, he makes sure you understand everything and he is happy to answer questions. I can't say enough wonderful things about him . My dad has a continuing eye care issue and I am so glad his regular eye doctor recommended Dr. Maguire. On a scale of 1 to 10 , Dr Maguire is a 20 . I would give him 5 stars if I could. The entire staff at Mid Atlantic Retina is very kind and so easy to work with and in my opinion that comes from the atmosphere set by the doctor. Great Doctor, Great staff

Wonderful Doctor!!!! show details Wonderful Doctor!!!!
by Rae Gross on Oct 9th, 2013

While in Wills Eye Hospital and not able to even see his face I realized what a sweet compassionate person he is!!!! When I could see him and still have visits I have come to love this man very much!!! My husband now sees him too and we don't know what we would have done without him!!!!! Look forward to visits!!!

Excellent eye specialist show details Excellent eye specialist
by Ivan Wiggins on Oct 9th, 2013

I have been under the care of Dr. Joseph Maguire for approximately 2 years and he has met and exceeded my expectations as a retina specialist. He has an excellent bedside manner. He is always cheerful and most of all has great experience and knowledge in his field of practice.

by Howard Peltzman on Oct 9th, 2013

everything was explained in a language I could understand. The staff was friendly and knowlegable. I would definately reccommend Dr Maguire to anyone having retinal issues

Excellent Experience show details Excellent Experience
by G. G. on Jun 25th, 2013 on doctor.com

Very satisfied- very informative and answered all questions.

by Inez McBride on Jun 13th, 2013

He is always courteous and professional along with his staff.

Good Doc - Short Wait show details Good Doc - Short Wait
by Dolores P. on Jun 4th, 2013

Did all required tests in one visit. Moved right along. Didn't wait long between tests.

Pleasant and Thorough show details Pleasant and Thorough
by Doris T. on May 28th, 2013 on doctor.com

Dr. Maguire is very pleasant and very thorough with his exams. I would highly recommend Dr. Maguire.

Efficient show details Efficient
by Anonymous on Oct 24th, 2012 on doctor.com

Dr. Maguire is very efficient & explains things.

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Productive Visit! show details Productive Visit!
by Anonymous on Oct 24th, 2012 on doctor.com

Good - clean - concise answers to questions.

Dr. Maguire was great show details Dr. Maguire was great
Sep 30th, 2012

He explained what he found and what the treatment is. His remarks were appreciated. I'm glad Dr. Maguire was recommended to me. I can get the treatment I need at an early stage and I hope it will be effective. A. M.

Terrible bedside manner show details Terrible bedside manner
Aug 26th, 2012

My wife had an appointment with Dr. Maguire to review and discuss the drusens in her eyes. The waiting room wait was reasonable and the technician who checked us in was very very nice.We had heard good things about Dr. Maguire and were looking forward to meeting with him.During his time with us he seemed to do little diagnosis and merely spouted out what he knew about drusens and his research on vitamins that can maintain the current status or slow the progression. I may have that wrong since I was not comfortable asking questions after he corrected me for misstating a fact.The worst was that while meeting with us after getting some pictures of her eyes he took a cell phone call and chatted for a few minutes before finishing up with us.I felt that once he realized there was little or no chance for surgery he could care less about our appointment.I doubt very much if we will go back.

surgery show details surgery
Jul 23rd, 2012

Just had retinal tears repaired in feb. this year, dr. Mcquire found the tears another dr. had missed, if it weren't for him, I might have lost my sight.

Good Experiance show details Good Experiance
by Anonymous on Jul 19th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

Doctor very friendly and explained diagnosis. Did all tests in one visit and moved right along without much wait in between.

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com