inactive

Joseph I Weiss MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

April 23rd, 2016
Office always packed - long wait times.

February 12th, 2016
Don't waste your time. Find another doctor as fast as you can. Rude and unprofessional in every way.

December 22nd, 2015
The Best!
I was a patient of Dr. Weiss in my twenties. He saved me! He prescribed Accutane for me when other MDs wanted to keep me going on Tetracycline for years with no effect. When I was ill and admitted New Britain Hosp, he came to visit me. If I had a cyst to inject, he would see me the day of and fit me into his schedule. The best!

April 16th, 2015
2 HOUR WAIT DONT GO
DISRESPECTFUL INCONSIDERATE DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN

January 30th, 2015
Dr. Weiss acted aloof and disinterested in my being there. Did not "listen" to what I needed to share of my history and why my concerns that are serious and not cosmetic.... Was guessing at a diagnosis..... suggested I see a Ear nose & throat or Oral Specialist. I think it's time for him to retire.......

December 12th, 2014
Great Doctor
I have been going to Dr. Weiss since I was a teenager and I am now 58. He is very professional and an expert when it comes to conditions of the skin. There is no better in my opinion. He is also a nice guy. Some people need to be stroked and that is not his job. He has been kind to me. He doesn't need to give a person a half hour diagnosis to determine the problem as he has seen it over and over again. He never failed to provide expert advice and cures for any skin problem I encountered. He is worth the wait.

May 30th, 2014
Best Dermatologist
I have seen Dr. Weiss since I was a teen. I have seen him as an adult as necessary and take my children to him. You want a smiley dr who makes you feel warm and fuzzy, then he's not for you. You want a dr who knows his stuff and gets results, then this is the man. He is, as one reviewer put it, no frills. If your personality is such that that will offend, don't go. But if you want experience, knowledge, a proper diagnosis, and yes, a really great guy if you stop looking for someone to make you feel warm and fuzzy, then it's him. Expect to wait, so bring a book and don't expect to be in and out in minutes. Like I said, I've been seeing him forever so I know what to expect and I'm not bothered. And he has never billed me wrong. He's in demand so you can't always get in quickly.

January 2nd, 2014
bad doctor
most unprofessional doctor that I have ever met!!!! when explaining my itching problem, he diagnosed me with out even looking at my symptom's that is was my nerves and there was nothing he could do for me. Very rude and uncaring....total time was maybe 3 minutes....I walked out very upset and let him know what I thought of him....I would not send my most hated enemy to this guy

July 27th, 2013
Think before you go
The waiting time in the hall for the doctor to spend 2 min with me was close to 1 hour. No responds to my questions were given by the doctor. During my waiting period 10 patients were accepted by the doctor. Average time per patient 2-2.5 min. During this time the patient can barely take the cloth off. I would not recommend the doctor to my friends.

April 27th, 2013
the worst doctor ever!
I went there twice. Once for a regular visit and once for a follow up. I will never go there again. I was waiting for my appt. over one hour. I gave him a chance and went there one more time. I thought maybe they had a bad day when I went there first time. It was the same. Waited 1 hour. The employees are unprofessional. They should hire somebody younger there who will change this mess! The doctor spent 3 min. with me. He did not take his time to explain the condition to me. he treated me like I did not know anything and that it was not worth it to explain it to me because I will not understand it anyway!!! Very rude! he has very bad patient approach. Maybe it was the way they treated patients 30 years ago. Do not go there. You will waist your time and money!

February 6th, 2012
Very Knowledgeable Dermatologist
I've been seeing this guy since I was a kid; I can certainly see how sometimes he comes off as rude, but if you want a skin condition diagnosed he is probably the best Dr. in the area. On two different occasions I had skin conditions that were misdiagnosed by general practitioners. On both occasions I went to Weiss after the condition didn't improve; both times he correctly diagnosed the issue in seconds, and both times he gave me effective treatment. I have a lot of faith in his expertise.

June 20th, 2011
Rude, condescending, unprofessional, unpleasant staff
Dr. Weiss is rude, condescending, unprofessional & so is his staff. I have Hidradenitis Supportiva, which is an incurable skin disease that can be painful & embarrassing. He got upset with me because I did not want to try Acutane! It has too many serious side effects & the small benefits of it do not outweigh them. He seems to get annoyed if you want to be informed of options, side effects, etc. instead of just following his treatment blindly. He's probably used to all of his Polish immigrant followers doing that but that's not the case here! Especially since he doesn't seem to care about your thoughts or feelings at all. I'm going to be looking for another dermatologist who isn't threatened by a woman asking questions & trying to monitor her own care. By the way...I've been going to him for several months & he never fully examined me. He also got upset because I canceled ONE appointment (well in advance) when I was really stomach sick (he said something to me about it at my next appointment.