Dr. Joseph Iero MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery College Station, TX

June 29th, 2011
Questionable
Dr. Iero advertised as an Orthopedic Surgeon with a special interest in sports medicine, shoulder and knee problems. This was in the newspaper and mailings. After waiting 4 weeks for an appointment with Dr. Iero a representative with his office called less than two (2) hours before my appointment and told me Dr. Iero did not want to see me. I questioned why he had suddenly decided this and wasted my time waiting 4 weeks. The person calling told me that Dr. Iero decided after reading my medical records that morning that I needed to see a specialist in shoulder injuries. My question to this person was "isn't Dr. Iero a specialist in shoulder injuries?" He advertises this.I was given confusing answers by this person. He told me "If you had a car with problems and took it to a service station attendant and he didn't fix it, wouldn't you then take it to a specialty shop to have it fixed?" He then said,"Since you have a shoulder problem you should go to a shoulder specialist." What then is Dr. Iero? Is his advertising correct or not??? He is now coming to our town occasionally and I definitely will not recommend him to anyone. We need a specialist who does what he says he is, providing he is a specialist in that field. I definitely feel he owes me more of an explanation.

July 17th, 2010
He is a doctor who does not want to help you are over weight.