Dr. Joseph Ingrassia MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Nanuet, NY

September 25th, 2015
Greatness
A fantastic doctor and individal

February 11th, 2015
One of the worst receptionist teams in any doctors office.
The front desk women lack customer service skill set. I will be changing doctors right away. They is a receptionist named Brittany without any emotion or care for the patients. I was ill and had forgotten my insurance card and Brittany decided to tell me if I didnt have it I would have to pay it mystlf. I told her nothing has changed on it and if I could send it after. She told me no and I would be responsible for the charge. I was taken aback as I know as long as I have insurance I would be fine and there were options she could have given me. I told her I still would like to see the doctor and sat in the lobby. I then was addressed by Judy. I was happy thinking Judy would understand and help but instead she began to say the same thing Brittsny was saying and worse. I began to tell her that I work for a the same bank to tell her my insurance has not changed and she didn't even let me get to that point. Instead she decided to use that against me and tell me if she was in the bank would I help her without her account number. They were all so rude it brought me to tears. My husband then tried to help and asked Judy if he could just send her the insurance card. She asked my husband the same question about the account number. He said he wasn't going to answer that and just wanted to get this resolved. She then told him yelling its a yes or no question! I was sitting down crying in shock that this is how they treat people. I said I wanted to speak to the doctor anyway but I was going to change doctors. Can you believe Judy said sure and you'll need to pay the 90 dollars and gave me a form to change doctors. After that was done and I was sitting there again crying sad that this was happening and I was sick. Judy and Brittany along with all their other office women decided it would be a great thing to talk about me loudly. Brittany even left a customer at the window to discuss the situation with the other women. I was then called in by one of the women who was very agressive. Told me to come in and left the room closing the door with attitude and when she came back opened the door forcefully almost hitting my son who she appologized to. When she began asking me questions I was crying so my husband answered them for me. The doctor then came in and I explained to him what happened. I was hoping he would say sorry and that he would speak to them but instead he asked me what brought me in today and went about business. I realized after that my insurance had an app that I could use to send my card to anyone so I did from my car to them so I wouldn't get a bill in my name as they said. I will not be returning to this practice as they do not care enough to have receptionists who are kind especially to the sick and who are educated enough to know someone's options if they misplace their insurance card.

February 4th, 2015
Extremely Rude Staff
Dr. Ingrassia is a very good doctor but I cringe every time I need to call his office. Many members of his staff, especially Jill, are very rude and unwilling to help. One time I had a sudden illness and needed to see the dr. asap. I thought I was contagious and I was going to be around small children. Jill asked me in a very rude tone, "why didn't you call last week to schedule an appointment". Hello - I didn't know I was going to be ill the previous week as is the case with most "sudden" illnesses. We really like Dr. Ingrassia but some members of his staff are forcing us to find a new doctor.

January 18th, 2011
This doctor misdiagnosed a common type of cancer and would not forward the patient to a specialist and then it was too late. He was clueless as to the symptoms and had no knowledge of this type of disease.