Dr. Joseph Jamaris MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Glen Burnie, MD

January 23rd, 2017
Wonderful Doctor!
I'd first seen Dr. Jamaris a few years ago when I suspected having a pinched nerve in my neck (based on symptoms). At the first appointment, based solely on his examination in-office, he told me there was evidence of spinal cord damage, which was later confirmed from an MRI. He will be operating next month. He has always taken the time to explain things thoroughly and in depth, from MRI results, to surgery. I don't understand the reviews that are positive, yet only 1 star. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is having issues with their neck, for diagnosis and/or surgery.

September 26th, 2016
back pain
The doctor had specific advice. He prescribed meds that worked and offered to give me spinal shots if needed.

September 17th, 2016
C7-C8 Laminectomy
I found Dr. Jamaris to be a patient, kind, empathetic surgeon who addressed my concerns in a professional manner and explained all procedures thoroughly. Dr, Jamaris operated on me over 30 years ago. The operation was a complete success. However, it was my perception at the time that Dr. Jamaris has very little patience with malingerers and med seeking patients. I did not find him to be sexist as someone mentioned in another comment. He completed a myelogram and a laminectomy on C7-C8. He talked me through every step of the myelogram and I felt relieved and at ease with the process. The surgery was a complete success. In the interim, I continued on to complete an RN program and BA in Psychology and am a licensed RN. I now have another herniated disc at L5. I live in VA, however, if I were still living in MD, I would choose Dr. Jamaris as my neurosurgeon.

July 14th, 2016
Best Dr I have seen in a long time. Fantastic bedside manner and unbelievably gifted in his craft.

February 25th, 2016
Dr Jamaris is a excellent Doctor

October 22nd, 2015
Rude
No follow-up. Inflicts frustration on patient when outcome of procedure did not go as he wanted. Sexist. Waited about an hour for a procedure. Horrible bedside manner. Knowledgeable, but leaves you in the cold.

August 20th, 2015
Extremely Caring and Helpful
I had lumbar surgery by Dr. Jamaris several years ago and I've felt amazing ever since. He is an extremely caring and helpful physician. He explained everyhing in a way I was able to understand, and always answered any questions I had for the past several years.

February 24th, 2015
Dr. Jamaris was very direct an to the point. My surgery went well. I would recommend Dr. Jamaris to anyone needing a great surgeon. Thank You.

February 18th, 2015
Dr. Jamaris did my lumbar surgery, and I've felt wonderful ever since.

January 29th, 2013
sweetheart
he comes off as gruff at first, but he's not... he's trying to gather as much information as he can. He's very cautious about surgery and procedures, but honestly, that's a good thing... surgery is NOT to e taken lightly by anyone! As someone with multiple medical conditions, I've seen a lot of doctors in my short life, and I have to say he is one of maybe 3 doctors that has such an amazing bedside manner. He's truly caring, compassionate, takes you seriously, and doesn't rush you away! A true gem.

October 5th, 2012
Optimum of Excellence
Dr. Jamaris is outstanding. His expertise is undenyable. He explains your condition so you understand your problem. He also explains his course of action to combat the problem and it works. I trust him wholeheartedly. His staff is all excellent and very professional. When you are in pain people don't understand. They do.

January 31st, 2011
top notch physician
Dr. Jamaris diagnosed me accurately and knew how to relieve my symptoms. I had a lumbar laminectomy on L3, L4 & L5 and I am now feeling well.