Dr. Joseph Jorizzo MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 14 reviews

February 18th, 2016
Great doctor!!!
Dr Jorizzo is a wonderful doctor. He was the one the other doctor brought in to originally diagnose me with scabies- scabies i got from being in a hospice with a dying loved one. HE diagnosed me and was also the doctor who told me i am now all clear. His compassion, knowledge and also empathy is a gift. Also his skill as a Dr is the tops. I have not had many good experience with doctors. I have lived with a chronic illness for many years so have been to many, and sometimes even a doctor treating one coldly can be damaging to one's psyche. But Dr. Jorizzo is caring and skilled. He also showed compassion over my dads passing and all i had been through from then getting scabies- a good guy.

June 6th, 2015
Dr. J. Jorizzo is one of the best if not the best doctors I have met and been treated by. He was able to diagnosis my problem immediately and the treatment was right on target. He is so kind and gentle, a breath of fresh air.

July 31st, 2014
rReview of my visit with Dr Jorizzo
Had thorough knowledge of my dermatoological problems.Encourges patients to reach him on his cell phone with questions.Handed out business card before I asked for it.Personable.

January 21st, 2014
Horrible man I hope no one has the pleasure of seeing!
We have been going to Dr after Dr for a year to find a diagnosis for my 2 year old son. Was referred to Dr Jorrizo by an allergist. He walked in the room and never listened to what I said. Glanced at my son but wouldn't look at pictures of his condition that I brought. Basically said he knew what was wrong with my son and anyone who disagreed wasn't believable. He cut me off while trying to explain my child's symptoms. Said " I can show you my textbook." That's not what I was there for. Thankfully he left before punches were thrown and another compassionate doctor came in. Would refer him to anyone. Dr Krowchuk. Very unpleasant experience!!

November 23rd, 2013
Overall Good for My Concern
Wow! All I have to say is I'm sorry to all the other patients who had a bad experience with him. If he really behaved in that manner I urge him to adjust. However, I do believe he is very, very effective in some areas of dermatology - but based on these reviews it is clear for a particular issue you should see a particular dermatologist. As broad as the field is, sadly there is that one special doctor that is right. For my concerns, Dr. Jorizzo was a lifesaver. However, I definitely think he would not be a doctor to switch his beliefs very easily based on my experiences with him in trying to try another treatment for a particular issue I had. This may or may not be a good thing. However, he has helped tremendously with the issue I had.

November 15th, 2012
Abandonned
Always seemed confident that effective treatment was just around the corner, but nothing he did helped. His examinations of my problem area were cursory at best, and he never actually touched the area, just leaned over and looked at it. was involved in a couple of wrong diagnoses. Ultimately, he threw up his hands and said there was nothing he could do for me.

October 23rd, 2012
A+
Dr. Jorizzo gets an A+ in my rating. He was able to correctly diagnose my condition when other doctors at several med schools had given up.

July 25th, 2012
I've known Dr. Jorrizzo for many years and he is the best dermatologist ever!He knows what he is doing and is very kind to his patients.

July 16th, 2012
dont blieve the hype
rude [but smiling], dismissive, completely unprofessional, bordering on negligent. initial consult of less than 5 minutes with no physical exam ,refusal to listen to anything i had to say, no interest in taking my medical history or reviewing prior blood tests or biopsy reports that i had brought with me. he actually said that"there's nothing those results can tell me that i don't already know" [and this within 90 seconds of walking into the room!] the first thing he does is hand you his card, tells you to call him anytime, and makes a great show at being engaging and approachable. but that intro is most involved he was during the entire visit. in my experience he was arrogant and careless.i would bet that for every patients he helps,there is another left blowing in the wind: misdiagnosed, ignored or sent packing. the other reviewers who took the time to write comments ALL seemed to shared this same experience. this is no coincidence.

June 22nd, 2012
Great Doctor
I went to see Dr. Jorizzo after 15 doctors in my hometown told me there was nothing they could do. Dr. Jorizzo took the time to talk to me and exactly tell me what the problem was. He then proceded to make a plan for Treatment. I was very impress with the Dr. I see why he is rated as one of the top doctors in his field. Thank you so much Dr. Jorizzo

June 12th, 2012
Didn't Listen
My 2-year old has been having trouble with fevers that seem to be related to a lack of sweating. Dr. Jorizzo wouldn't even listen to what I had to say about her symptoms or research I had done into her condition. Basically he acted like I knew nothing and was wasting his time by talking to him about her. It was such a Shane because everyone else at the office was so nice.

October 29th, 2011
Behavior Left Me Shocked
During the last six months my skin has begun separating from the underlying fatty layers of tissue, and in some of the areas the pain is unbearable. My rheumatologist urged me to see a dermatologist because these were the latest symptoms in a relatively long history of issues manifesting in the skin. After waiting two months to see Dr. Jorizzo, the appointment began on amiable terms. I had written down my history and condensed it as much as possible in case there were clues a well experienced doctor could make sense of, which other doctors had not been able to diagnose from a shorter history. I tried to get through the history as quickly as possible, but after about 10 min he cut me off, abruptly saying "There is nothing I can do for you, there is no charge for the appointment," and he got up to leave. He had not even looked at the areas of skin that had become atrophied, and when I begged him to look, he told me I had wasted enough of his time and it wasn't fair to his other patients, then he turned and left. I received no other explanation. When opened the door and pleaded with him to take a look at my skin, he stated that I needed to leave, or else he would call security. I have never encountered this type of behavior in a doctor, or anyone else, for that matter. My personality is not a type that leads to conflicts and I have good, amicable relationships with my physicians. As expected, my rheumatologist was stunned and immediately got on the phone to personally get an appointment for me with a local dermatologist. I still, several days later, am completely shocked and perplexed.