Dr. Joseph Karch MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Midlothian, VA

January 18th, 2016
Worst Doctor I have ever seen
I had to pay out of pocket to see a surgeon about my condition. they suggested a pretty invasive surgery with lasting effects. I decided against it and wanted to seek other options. I finally got my insurance back and went to a primary doctor who thought what the surgeon suggested was way to severe and there should be a less invasive surgery that can be done and referred me specifically to see Dr Karch and only dr Karch. he was in the same building so we went to the office to make a appointment. Someone had cancelled and they had an apt that day 4 hours later and we took it. We stuck around the building until the appt. In walks Dr Karch. He was there for a whole 5 min. Asked us why we didn't just get the surgery with the other surgeon. He even said I don't know why this appointment had to be today. Maybe you should ask your secretary as we didn't ask for it to be same day. He told us before looking at the site of the problem there was nothing he could do and that we should just go back to the other surgeon. He showed no sympathy. No alternatives. He just kept saying anything else? before he rushed out the door. he is by far the rudest and most unprofessional doctor I have ever met. Even if nothing else could be done but that kind of surgery, there were a 100 different ways he could have explained that without trying to make us feel we were not even worthy of his time.

September 14th, 2014
Great Surgeon
Had a subtotal thyroidectomy. It took about 3 and 1/2 hours to complete. Had some complications with my calcium on the third day after surgery. He came to see me the morning after I was readmitted into the ER. He answers all questions and takes his time with his patients.