Family Physicians
1120 First Colonial Rd
Ste 100
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
757-481-2333
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Dr. Killen  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

An excellent doctor, have always had excellent experience with him, he is pleasant, positive, thorough, and very professional. He has excellent bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  Rude and Inconsiderate  |  show details
May 3rd, 2011

I recently moved to Virginia Beach and I needed to establish myself with a primary care physician. I found out that it was going to take some time to see one so I was told to go to urgent care in order to receive my prescription refills. I saw Katharine K. Malbon, PA-C who was working under Dr. Killen. She was the <worst> PA I have ever seen. She never put her computer down she just typed the whole time! When I was telling her my medical history and medical needs she compared herself to me saying " I don't take a single pill, I can't believe you are taking this. I wouldn't need this!" I didn't realize that in order to get treated you have to be like her. She continued to tell me that she was not going to fill my medication AT ALL knowing full well that I had taken my last dose this morning and if I stop taking it I can have seizures, will get very very ill and most likely end up in the emergency room. I had my bottles for my prescriptions and all my records! I asked her what am I supposed to do and I was crying because I was scared of what was going to happen to me and she said "I can't believe that you are taking this medication and maybe the best thing for you would be to get sick and get over it so you can get off of the medication!" I have been on my medication for many years and have been under close supervision of a Dr. and I think that it was very cold, rude, dangerous and unprofessional of her to decide that I should get sick and get off the medication because she didn't approve of it. I thought Dr's were supposed to help people, not judge them, put them down, and make them feel like they are criminals. She didn't take the time to listen to my specific case nor did she care to. She actually called me an addict! I have been on the medication because it is medically necessary as are most people who take medication. I was appalled by the way she treated me. I also NEVER saw Dr. Killen even after I asked to speak to him. She told me that she talked to him and that there was nothing more she could do for me and that the best thing would be for me to just get sick and get off the medication. I was sent home without any medication. I DON'T RECOMMEND this office to ANYONE, especially if she is the one that sees the patients. If you don't care to help people and you are going to treat them horribly then you shouldn't be a Dr.! Don't Ever Go Here. It's a waste of time - they don't care about people and their health.

|  Returned to area and will return to Dr Killen  |  show details
by Returning Patient on Sep 28th, 2009

Dr Killen was my family doctor several years ago until I left the area. Now that I've returned, I will be going back to Dr Killen, he was the most thorough and caring family doctor and I look forward to seeing him again for my medical needs.