Joseph Kowalski Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Joseph Kowalski?

April 22nd, 2015

Injury without benefit and communication without clarity

Poor explanations, ordered unnecessary x-rays resulting in excessive radiation dose with little or no diagnostic benefit.

December 23rd, 2014

HR Director

Dr. Kowalski did my second surgery to remove screws that his partner put in back in 2004. It was apparent that he had no bedside manner, but back in 2006 I was desperate to alleviate my pain. That never happened for me. I loved life in chronic pain and in 2011 I decided to see a. Ew doc, who is wonderful. However, I thoight I should at least go back to Dr. Kowalski for an opinion. Much of what has been said here is all true, and he tried to paint me as a drug seeker to my primary in his letter to her. He also said I walked slow and "deliberate " as if I was faking my pain! My whole 40's and 50's have been plagued with chronic pain to which I had to be on meds to be able to be employed in my busy director position of an HR department. I went to get his opinion since he did the second surgery. He was condescending and said he couldn't help me. Not many people do this, but I asked my primary for a copy of his letter to her and it was inflammatory and libelous! I responded with a letter to my doctors, his colleagues, and ECMC. He told my primary that this is the first time this has happened to him. I beg to differ, I'm sure he has had issues because he really is an arrogant, uncaring example of who should NOT be allowed to work as a surgeon. People need to ask their primary's for copies of what other doctors send to them. It may be a real eye opener. I was so angry. It was uncalled for when pain was causing me depression which as a surgeon he should understand. This man doesn't get it. I feel sympathy for the folks he's magled under the guise of surgery.

June 25th, 2014

Needs to lose his rights to practice

Dr Kowaski was my 2nd opinion since my first opinion I was not happy with only to find out he was trained by Dr Kowalski now I see why I didn't like either. The first words out of Dr Kowaski mouth my first impression of this man was if you don't want surgery why are you here. Really for help with my chronic pain in neck radiating down arms I am not one for pain meds since I don't want to band - aid issue I want to fix it he insulted my intelligence was condescending to me REALLY because if I'm not mistaken we both put our pants on one leg at a time I mentioned alternative treatments he laughed and again said why did you come to me if you don't want surgery I'm a surgeon I said oh Im sorry my mistake I thought you were a Dr Says I'm a surgeon I told him I'm sorry I guess I was misinformed as I was told you were one of the best my mistake best at what being an ignorant person happy to say I'm receiving alternative treatments and am 75% out of pain and hopeful as so many people I know have such bad issues once they do surgery This Dr should not be allowed to be a dr he may be book smart but lacks compassion,feelings, the list goes on I only hope people see through him and seek help elsewhere Dr Kowaski I hope you never suffer the pain but if you do look in mirror and I hope you get a pompous donkey of a Dr like yourself

November 19th, 2013

STOP BEFORE IT'S TO LATE

This doctor is horrible....he is the angel of death!

June 8th, 2013

Doctor neglected patient.

My 64 year old grandfather went to this kowalski for major back surgery. Three days after surgery my grandfather had a blockage, bloated, could not go to the bathroom and was extremely yellow in color. They pumped him with to much pain killers and crushed his liver and neglected it. He then went into cardiac arrest and past away. His skills at telling loved ones of the terriable news was terrible giving you hope that he was alive and dropping a bomb shell at the end. I also give this doc a negative. Choose a different career your a sloppy doctor. Stay far away from this doc unless you want a death sentence.

April 24th, 2013

My mother went to see you today for HORRIBLE neck pain. Have you ever lived with chronic pain??? It appears not. If you cannot be compassionate towards your patients maybe you should reconsider your career choice. As a doctor you should NEVER blow someone off and act like the pain in their body is no big deal. Thank you for giving another doctor business because we will certainly be getting a second opinion. I pray God touches your heart (which appears to be cold) and teaches you compassion and love for the ill. I will be praying for you. I didn't want to give you any stars but I could not submit my review without clicking on a star. So ya got 1 think of as a negative 1!!!!

April 16th, 2012

No Bedside Manner, No Follow Up

If you don't have insurance, don't bother even going to the clinic if this is your doctor. Don't expect follow up, and be sure you don't want any sort of bedside manner. First he wrote a report that said I had an urgent need; it's not quite so urgent when you lose insurance. I am in the process of obtaining insurance, and you can bet HE won't be operating on me. He seems highly detached and uninterested. I'd like to think the doctor operating on me cared about the surgery and the patient.

February 13th, 2012

He did a back decompression surgery that failed 2 weeks later. He also left bone fragments in my spine. Also the screws he put in my back are not where they are suppose to be, I have one screw above the level of my injury in my spine, the other one is between my disks. I'm in Miami now getting ready for my second surgery to fix what he screwed up. Please please if you can do not let this guy operate on you. Bottom line is I would not let this guy operate on my dog. There will be a lawsuit coming real soon!!!!

July 16th, 2011

Find Another Professional

Sent to (kowalski) by another physician. The only thing worse than his unprofessionalism and crappy bed side manner was his report back the referring doctor calling into play my integrety as he felt the walk he had me do was slow and deliberate. Yet, he send me to another doctor for further care. He also acted like I had no business wasting his time and felt the need to point to his jacket and say that the would on his jacket was surgery. Unbelievable arrogant and rude....Makes you feel your not worth his time. For your sake, find another doctor....Not worth the time and money!!!

May 29th, 2010

unprofessional,uncaring,demeaning

This doctor(kowalski) was the most unprofessional I have ever seen in my many years of seeing ortho doctors. I saw him regarding a fracture in a fusion in my neck and because it was due to car accident and a lawyer and no-fault where involved, this doctor question me on my employment status and demeaned me, told me a fracture would not hurt, it is not fractures and treated me like some kind of scammer, when all I really wanted was for this god forsaken pain to go away so I can live my life again. He never looked at my 50 diffrent films I brought with me, he looked at one x-ray that was copied into PAPER and made his dignosis on that. He told me well maybe you will need to pay for this OUT OF POCKET. Him and his assistant smearked and chuckled the whole time they tried to break me down and feel like crap. But heres the good part. I dont give up, I dont take abuse and will continue on with my story so that others dont ever have to go thru this. He is also a friend of Dr Greg Bennetts who works at ecmc, I also saw him and he treated me no diffrent and refused to keep seeing me. These doctors THINK that everyone who gets in a car accident is out to get a big settlement but what they fail to realize is that some people just want there lives back and could care less about money. If you have a no-fault case I recommend you do not see these doctors. I will fight this and make it known everywhere I can the way I was treated. When I asked him why so many other doctors said my neck was fractured he stated "Dont know" his assistant said "maybe the were trying to scare you" and they chuckled. Dr. Kowalski told me my neck is not fractured, apparently he does not realize I have tons of films showing 3 clear fractures with a screw in my fusion cracked. Doctors,must remember FIRST DO NO HARM!!!!

July 25th, 2017