Surgeon, Cancer and Bariatric
3409 Worth St
Ste 420
Dallas, TX 75246
214-823-5000
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Amazing Surgeon  |  show details
by Barbara Jacobs on Aug 22nd, 2013

When I decided to have gastric sleeve I knew I wanted to have Dr. Kuhn do my procedure. I also had the best Anesthesiologist! I had no pain what so ever, just discomfort in my shoulders from the air pumped in me during the procedure (laparoscopic). I had my surgery in January of this year and I am down 75 lbs. Dr. Kuhn is a life saver, shows concern for his patients and is available 24/7 if you need him.

|  Such a great doctor!  |  show details
by Lisa L. on Jul 5th, 2013

Dr. Kuhn was a wonderful doctor. I had the purse string procedure done on a previous gastric bypass. The surgery went so well and I was home that same evening. He is very attentive and talked at length with me before and after the surgery. I started visiting his office about 2 months ago and I am already down 42 pounds! I am very happy with Dr. Kuhn.

|  A NEW LIFE  |  show details
by George B on Apr 10th, 2013

I had a VSL procedure done by Dr Kuhn. All the comments from his patients are TRUE and ACCURATE. My surgery was without a hitch. I was walking the halls of Baylor Medical an hour after ICU ! Minimal pain, was off of my pain meds within 4 days - the hardest part of recovery was the diet...after two weeks - I am already experimenting with real food, but being cautious )) I feel fantastic and so far have not had to take any diabetic meds other than the Metformin. I am dropping about 1.5 to 2 lbs weekly - I am walking at least 30 to 40 min per day, and continue recovery. I was back to work within 2 weeks of the surgery and looking forward to continued wellness and strength. I am a 64 yr old Male.

|  Dr. Kuhn is the best of the best!  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

My total experience was wondeful. Dr Kuhn is an extremely skilled physician whose knd, gentle manner is reassuring and helpful. I very highly recommend him. He is a life-changer!

|  Professional and Personable  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2011

Dr. Kuhn has been very empathetic and understanding to my health needs. He appears to be very committed to his patients and appears to be in the forefront in the area of weight loss. I first went to Dr. Kuhn about 18 months ago and was not able to get the procedure that I needed due to insurance issues. I knew that he was the doctor that I wanted to do my procedure, as I did a lot of research on him before I went for my first appointment. Once there I realized that Dr. Kuhn did not look at me as just "another patient" but as someone that he could help. After I was not able to get the procedure I continued to work on getting what I needed to get the procedure. Currently, I am still in the process but I have no second thoughts about Dr. Kuhn and his abilities, his compassion for others, his motivation to be the best in this field and his ability to see you as more than just "another patient". I highly recommend Dr. Kuhn for anyone that struggles with being overweight and would like a doctor that is not ONLY A LEADER IN THIS FIELD BUT IT ALSO PERSONABLE. Last I would like to add that the staff are all VERY HELPFUL and will do whatever they can to help you out. Sherrie Blaylock

Sep 26th, 2011

Dr. Kuhn is a phenomenal Dr! He actually cares about his patients and it shows.

|  Caring Doctor  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2011

Dr. Kuhn is a wonderful doctor. He has performed three separate procedures for me and I trust him completely. I would go so far to say that he is a doctor who becomes a trusted friend.

Sep 17th, 2011

Dr. Kuhn and all staff perform at the highest standards professionally. They are personable and have provided both pre-op, surgical and post-op care for me and my family. I would recommend Dr. Kuhn for anyone needing bariatric care.

|  WITHOUT A DOUBT THE BEST WLS IN TEXAS.  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

DR. KUHN TOOK ON A VERY HIGH RISK PATIENT IN ME AND GAVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE AT LIFE. HE SAVED MY LIFE BY PERFORMING MY GASTRIC BYPASS. HE IS A REMARKABLE PHYSICIAN AND SURGEON. THE VERY BEST.

|  Doctor Joseph A Kuhn  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2011

Great man that told me that he allowas God to guide his insruments during a procedure. Wow!! What more can I say? I love him.

|  Wonderful Caring Doctor  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

I had my WLS in 2002, it was a very positive experience. I lost 120 lbs, gained back my health, replaced meds with vitamins! Dr. Kuhn is just the greatest, had a wonderful support group which helps to keep you on track and accountable! Office staff is very helpful and caring. Thanks for all your help!

|  This is an A Doctor...  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

Worked with Dr Kuhn for 18 mos to get WLS surgery approval. Had an emergency gallbladder removal during Gastic Bypass...had complications due to gallbladder issue and was readmitted elss than 24 hrs after initial discharge. Dr. Kuhn was an ANGEL. Since then anytime there is an issue Dr Kuhn always works with the other Dr's that might be involved in my care and assist them with the idiosyncrasy that are unique to this procedure. I am almost 5 yrs out...this was life changing...life saving. I went from 350 lbs to (currently) 175lbs. I went from couch potato to walking 6 mi/ day. WLS gave me confidence I'd never had, Dr Kuhns has a heart for his patients like no other dr I have ever worked with. He is gentle, kind, caring, concerned. WLS is a tool not a lottery ticket but if you are serious about losing weight and doing your part...DR. Kuhn is the ONLY DR. THAT YOU SHOULD CONSIDER. Top-notch the best, bar none...I recommend him to EVERY considering this type of procedure.

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

Dr. Kuhn is a caring Doctor. He treats all his patients as if he had known them for years. If you have questions about the surgery he will answer everyone of them. I have recommend him to all my friends that are obese. And they feel the way I feel about him.Everyone in his office is the same way. Caring.

Sep 12th, 2011

Dr Kuhn saved my life by helping me restore a healthy body. I was making Dr visits every three months and now only once a year. I traded 11 prescriptions for vitamns and calcium. I lost 125 pounds and now weigh 125 pounds (that's a whole other person)I am 76 years young and recently went to go to work outside my home. I would not have been able to do this if I had not regained my healthy body. Thank you Dr Kuhn.

Sep 12th, 2011

Dr. Kuhn is very caring and professional he has made my journey very easy to work with. Thank you Dr. Kuhn.

|  Great  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

Joe Kuhn is thorough, competent, and sensitive. After care was extrodinary and prompt. Highest recommendation...David Friedman

|  ms erica broadnax  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2011

dr.kuhn is the best of the best!it gets no better than him!awesome dr.glad he perform my surgery.thank you jesus for dr kuhn.

Sep 11th, 2011

Dr. Kuhn and his staff were very professional and extrememly helpful. The staff took care and led me through the qualification process so I did not feel frustrated. This surgery went so well that if I did not see the scars I would not believe I had the procedure. I am so thankful for the opportunity to better manage my weight. It would not be possible with out Dr. Kuhn. Thank you Dr. Kuhn, you gave me such a valuable gift, my life.

Sep 11th, 2011

I have been very much impressed by the professionalism and caring attitude of Dr. Kuhn and all his staff. They have made my experience very positive overall.

Sep 11th, 2011

Dr.Kuhn is a marvelous doctor. Everything I hoped for and needed in a doctor. GOD-fearing, kind, concern

|  Doctor good... Office staff not so much  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2011

The last two times I visited the office the staff either forgot I was waiting or turned off the lights and locked up while I was still in the back waiting to see the PA.So while I might like the doctor I can not stand dealing with the office staff and only go when I have to,

|  C. Long  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2011

A very kind physician. Knowledgable and professional. I never feel nervous when seeing Dr. Kuhn. I believe he has been given a gift of healing hands.

I recognize that Dr. Kuhn is godly man. This was important to me

Aug 30th, 2011

Please pass this on to Dr. Kuhn....THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!. You performed a Sclerotherapy on me last Tuesday. I had my gastric bypass almost 10 years ago and had begun gaining weight. I wasn't really able to feel my pouch and was able to eat a lot more food than before. Since my procedure, I feel the pouch, my food intake is once again restricted and I've already lost 6 pounds. I can't thank you enough for the superior care that you've given me over the last 10 year. You are the best!!

|  Wonderful, Caring Surgeon  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2011

I recently had Gastric Sleeve surgery performed by Dr. Kuhn. He was very patient and thorough when explaining the procedure when I was still in the consultation phase. He is an excellent surgeon with a wonderful, caring personality. The surgery went great and I am doing well. I have lost 24 pounds so far (4 weeks out). Dr. Kuhn and his staff are very supportive. I have only good things to say about him.

|  This is How All Doctors Should Be  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2010

When my wife faced emergency gall bladder surgery, Dr. Kuhn's skill, compassion, adn demeanor made everything right. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Kuhn - in fact, I already have recommended him to others seeking a good surgeon in the Dallas area.

|  Baylor WLS 2004 - 2010  |  show details
by Cynthia Keith on Sep 13th, 2010

This man is a great person and surgeon. I have had complications with my WLS and he never gave up on me. I am now leading a productive, healthy & happy life. Thank you Dr. Kuhn. :)

|  Great Dr.  |  show details
by Melissa J. on May 6th, 2010

Dr. Kuhn is a great doctor, straightforward, kind, attentive and he has a great bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone. I trust him with my care, as a patient

|  Cancer Care  |  show details
by Harold Bailey on Jun 29th, 2009

The most caring doctor you will find, but the highest quality of care. He researched possible care alternatives with his colleagues worldwide for our son's treatment. Excellent surgeon.

|  DR. Kuhn-Bariatric surgeon beyond compare  |  show details
by Patricia Tryon on Nov 30th, 2008

Dr. Kuhn performed my bariatric surgery in 2006. There was not one thing I could complain about. He is absolutlely the best doctor I have ever met. Perhaps his best quality is the fact that when he is with you , he is listening only to you, concerned only about you and your questions and makes sure you are satisfied and have all your questions and concerns answered immediately.