Urologists
921 Oak Park Blvd
Ste 202
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
805-473-7818
Locations and availability (6)

2.0

|  Beware  |  show details
by Ed V. on Oct 28th, 2013

Misdiagnosis and rude, defensive behavior. Do not place your trust in this doctor. Months of pain and confusion. Self-absorbed doctor that does not connect with his patients in a positive manner.

by Sarah on Feb 27th, 2013

Doctor Kuenzt appears to be great with children so much so that he tends to talk down to the adults in the room. I feel the same as many of the other reviewers: it's very uncomfortable asking him any questions. Most of the time he talks over your head and is very rushed. I'm not a doctor and shouldn't feel stupid for not understanding medical terminology. If you inquire about things he is vague and quick. I realized today it's because he probably has way too many patients and doesn't know much about my son's condition at all. I realize a lot of doctors overbook themselves and it's really hard to find one that can at least pretend to care. One of our appointments involved Dr. Kuentz explaining a cystoscopy to my 8 year old son(without my consent) and then asking me "why is he so upset?" When my son cried upon hearing a camera would be stuck up his urethra. I give him three stars because despite his flaws he was able to communicate with my son effectively. He wasn't terribly rude just bad bed side manners.

|  NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2013

Twice my files/data were interpreted incorrectly by Dr. Kuntze resulting in two unecessary, expensive procedures. The first time I let it go as stuff happens. The second time Dr. Kuntze attempted to deny the paperwork and became defensive. His ego fills the room. I have seen Dr. Kuntze be extremely kind but he is rushed and overworked. He needs to be in one office doing the one procedure he does well and needs a review of his own office practices-mess ups, confusion, miscommunications galore. I located a urologist outside of Dr. Kuntze's group. The contrast in care is that when this new doctor sees me it's clear he has reviewed my file and is prepared to discuss my case. Dr. Kuntze makes remarks that show he hasn't a clue or only just a vague one and has just sprinted in from the parking structure.

|  The Worst Doctor EverWThe oWorsWWWWWWWWWWorstorst doctor experience EVERWW  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

When I went with my husband to the appointment just prior to his surgery, Joseph Kuntze came in and never acknowledged me or introduced himself. In fact the first words out of his mouth to my husband were: if you shaved your legs and wore fish net stockings, we might have a future.He never looked at either one of us and doodled on a paper during the appointment. He asked if we had any questions and when we asked about the Hearst Cancer Foundation at French Hospital he discouraged us saying they just confuse you; we don't support it.We went to Hearst at French Hospital anyway and Michelle, the navigator nurse went out of her way to help answer questions, talk about the journey through cancer and she and her co facilitator Steve do a support group in Arroyo Grande where we live and it was awesome. So much for Kuntze wisdom. I think he is a total arrogant egomaniac with a narcissistic personality disorder who is rude and defensive if you ask him any questions. He keeps saying he has 30 years of experience in his field; and quess what; so do I and I am a psychotherapist and know what I'm hearing and seeing from him. It is all very unprofessional.We also found that he tells you one thing one visit, and sometime different on the next. He kept insisting my husband had to stay in the hospital the day of surgery and 3 days thereafter. On the day after surgery, then said the discharge was to be on the third day not the fourth. He's very worried about not being thought of being involved in medicare fraud, maybe he is.He has no bedside manner, and I am very sorry we ever met up with him and his associates Courtney and Michael Clayton.

Apr 25th, 2012

I have been with Joe Kuntz for more than 10 years through high PSAs, kidney stones, and much, much, more. He is thorough, professional, and kind. Most of all, no matter what the problem he is straight forward with me and helps me maintain my perspective - and sense of humor. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Apr 4th, 2012

Dr. Kuntze was wonderful with my daughter. He went out of his way to make sure she was comfortable. He diagnosed and fixed her problems in a very professional manner. My daughter was sad when she didn't need to see him anymore.

Sep 19th, 2011

Clearly a very busy and high-energy person, he made sure he answered my questions. My advice: come prepared with a list of written questions because you won't have time to "remember" what you wanted to ask. He went out of his way to make my son laugh when he was having a bad day, and for that I'll always be grateful.

|  wow  |  show details
May 30th, 2011

At first I was okay with him....then as time went on I discovered when I questioned him or had concerns he would become irritable and defensive.....now when I go in I go in ready to be pretty much yelled at for asking questions about my daughters condition.

May 19th, 2011

Dr Kuntz is a very busy doctor and it shows, but he is a very professional individual and has an excellent staff with Jennifer Eckerman as a great assistant.

|  Awesome  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2011

Dr. Kuntze Is my daughters urologist, and she is four years old....I cant say enough good things about him. He diagnosed the problem and fixed it. He was very kind to my daughter and playful, he answered all my questions, and he is overall a wonderful person.

|  Rude and Sexist Comments  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2010

Actually asked me if my previous urologist (a woman) was "hot". Geez, this is 2010 not 1960.

|  Rude and distracted  |  show details
by Jenny on Mar 7th, 2010

This guy is rude, that is all I can say.

Jan 12th, 2010

Unfortunately, he's the ONLY Urologist in the local market. He's a narcissistic egomaniac with a Napoleon complex. The worst doctor I've dealt with in my entire life. Absolutely NO bedside manner.

|  worst Doctor ever  |  show details
by anonomous on Mar 8th, 2009

He has the worst bedside manner on earth. I was extremely uncomfortable with him as my urologist. He had left a stint in for over six months. I was made to feel absolutely hopeless about my medical situation. He also mixed me up with other patients on numerous occasions.