Dr. Joseph Martinez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 13th, 2015
Extremely Incompetent Staff
I had a very successful previous back surgery. 2 years later I have more problems. You cannot believe anything any of the receptionists, clerks, or nurse tells you. If you wait for the 24 hour call back, you will be dead or disgusted before you get the call. It took a week of constant calls and finally one with four letter vocabulary to get the initial response. I asked to have the necessary x-rays and MRI prearranged because it is a 500 mile round trip for me. It did not happen. I got the x-rays there locally before I left that day. They said they would set an MRI where I live. After repeated phone calls over the next 10 days I was informed I had an appointment 6 days later on Wednesday with a follow up appointment the following Monday with Dr. Martinez. I showed up at the facility to get the MRI and was informed I did not have an appointment and the orders had not been faxed. I called Doctors office and was sent to an answering machine. I called back and told them I needed to talk to a person, not a machine that would not get a call back anyway. I was standing in the middle of the hospital foyer trying to get this handled. Finally talked to the nurse and was assured the fax was on the way, and to be sure and get the CD and report because I would not be seen without them. After 40 more minutes, I went home. The hospital said they would call when they got the fax. It's Friday, 2 days later, no fax. I did get a call today, from the nurse, to remind me of the appointment. I told her I did not have an appointment because some moron had not sent orders for the MRI. Things like this leave a very bad and lasting impression.

September 3rd, 2015
Best surgeon Ever!
Fabulous surgeon. I've had 2 surgeries. One on my neck and one on my back. He is superior to other surgeons. I've had other surgery on back and neck and now after his surgeries I am doing so much better. He is a super good surgeon.

August 10th, 2015
I had complete confidence in Dr. Martinez from the very beginning. He KNEW what the problem was & Exactly what he was going to do to fix it. Smoother than any medical experience I ever had & the hospital experience was just as good !!!!!!!!!

July 1st, 2015
NMJC Grounds Supervisor
I received outstanding care and medical treatment from Dr. Joseph Martinez. The office staff and medical assistants complimented the medical care I received.

May 29th, 2015
Fabulous experience
Dr Martinez is an excellent surgeon. Everyone in his office was helpful and very pleasant. All of my questions were answered to my satisfaction. The surgery on my neck was performed at University Hospital and it went great. The few reviews here are so stupid. Who cares what someone did in his college days? That has nothing to do with his expertise as a surgeon. I already had 2 previous surgeries on my neck and back. I can't wait to have the back surgery with Dr. Martinez. Go to him prepare your questions and you will have a wonderful experience.